Banned

What direction to put carpet grain?

I usually put the carpet with grain laying down towards rear of boat. Is this normal?

2. Member
    Don't know, but that is how I did mine. Grain laying towards the stern.

3. Member
    It depends on the boat. Ranger is the only boat the front deck and back deck are different. The front lays down towards the back and the back lays towards the front. All other brands lay down towards the back.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    It depends on the boat. Ranger is the only boat the front deck and back deck are different. The front lays down towards the back and the back lays towards the front. All other brands lay down towards the back.

When I re carpet one. I make sure all carpet is laying front to back. Decks, lids, floor, everything going the same direction. My Champion(original carpet) goes every which way.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    When I re carpet one. I make sure all carpet is laying front to back. Decks, lids, floor, everything going the same direction. My Champion(original carpet) goes every which way.
    The color is what you have to look at. You can lay carpet running sideways as long as it looks the same color. But on a ranger if you carpet the back deck front to back and have to replace a lid if one gets soft it won’t match. Ranger will send it to you from the factory running back to front. But any other brand I lay all carpet front to back.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

6. Member
    Think of it like water off a ducks back, point the grain/cut pile towards the back. Bullet is to cheap to buy 8.5' wide carpet and run their shit port to starboard on the back end.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbarnett View Post
    I usually put the carpet with grain laying down towards rear of boat. Is this normal?
    Lay Grain Bow to Stern. Before starting Mark an Arrow on the back of Carpet with a Sharpe and you'll quickly know what direction your smaller cut off pieces are to go.

GL!

8. Member
    I'm about to do a Ranger 521 '05, the original (dark grey), front deck and rear deck carpet grain runs port to starboard (L to R).