Freeze protection

Going to get down to 23 degrees here in Guntersville on Friday. Is it better to drain all the water lines or just crack the faucets to leave a little water flowing
    Pool 10

2. Member
    Thr first thing to freeze will be the under carriage drains. make sure they are open or dry.

3. Member
    Thanks moto
    Pool 10

Does the trailer have the enclosed underbelly? If so, and the heat is on inside the camper you will probably be fine. We sleep in ours at deer camp and it’s been down in the teens. Run the heat and open all of the cabinet doors.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Does the trailer have the enclosed underbelly? If so, and the heat is on inside the camper you will probably be fine. We sleep in ours at deer camp and it’s been down in the teens. Run the heat and open all of the cabinet doors.
    If you are staying there tonight it wouldn't hurt to let the water inside drip so the outside hose won't freeze up. Unless it gets down into the teens for a while you shouldn't have any problems.

6. Member
    Thanks guys, I went ahead and disconnected and drained the lines.
    Pool 10

7. Banned
    Our trailer has tank heaters, but that does nothing for the fresh water hose. They do make a heated fresh water hose, but I try not to camp in that cold of temps.

Did have it get to the teens one time and forgot to take precautions. Fresh water hose was frozen solid and couldn't dump my tanks. Not really too fun to have a hair dryer out in the cold trying to get you valves to open.

I've always just put a cup of RV Anti-Freeze down each drain for the night. Seems to work well, it's simple and cheap ! I carry a couple of Moving Blankets I got at Harbor Freight and then wrap them around the water hose.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

mine sits year round and i dont use after november because water is shut off, so i winterize system by draining the low point drains and pump pink antifreeze thru until it flows for a minute out of EVERY water port,faucets showers toilets etc

10. Member
    I put heat tape on my water line. does fine down to about 20 degrees , then you just have to put a rug or something over it to hold the heat better