Banned

Cherokee lake ??

What type of lake is Cherokee? Deep clear , any grass?

2. Member
    The area below the 25 bridge is clear and deep. Above the bridge is shallower and has color most of the winter/spring.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

Haven't been there in 3 years . I dont remember any grass.

4. Member
    No grass, just lots of rock.

5. Member
    Lots of mud and trees at the moment after all the rain we just had. +1 on rocks. Use your GPS mapping and always, and i mean always follow the old river channel on it. Can't tell you how many folks i have towed in from out of town that put in and went straight across the lake and tore the lower unit off of their boat. Every TVA highland reservoir is dangerous. Very few rockpiles and islands have buoys and no channel markers due to the 25'-45' winter to summer pool fluctuation.

6. Member
    Free navionics chart viewer will help with depth. No grass. Lots of rock. Deep and clear for the most part. Pretty good fishery for the most part.

7. Member
    No grass, no standing timber.....lower half of the lake has the clearest water, mainly a lot of humps/islands that are a lot of clay/shale/rock, some bluff walls and is predominantly smallmouth. Upper half is more of river channel fishing environment with lots of bluffs and mud flats. Heavier presence of largemouth on the upper half.

8. Member
    Will be on the upper end of Cherokee this Sunday.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

9. Member
    Fished it yesterday. Stayed within 3 miles of 25e in both directions. 46*-49* water. Stained to muddy in places. Caught 8, all keepers.

10. Member
    My brother and I are going down next week. It will be our first time fishing Tennessee, we got a cabin for the week right on Cherokee.

Would like to target primarily smallmouth, any suggestions on what to look for?

11. Member
    You should watch some videos from the FLW tournament this time last year. You should have a ball!! Good time to fish Cherokee.
    Y'all be careful out there and don't catch'em all!