Thread: Quick kleen

Quick kleen

I have moved to Alabama and have found a gas station that sells real gas. (No ethonal) My question is if I use this fuel do I still need to run quick kleen which I have done since 2002 when I bought the boat.

2. Member
    yes and QCARE and prem plus oil in gas tank check out recommended cocktail in 3.0L SECTION
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quick Kleen is good to use on occassion to reduce carbon build-up in rings and on exhaust ports etc. Just be sure to use stabil or similar All the time. All gas- ethanol or otherwise is formulated for quick turn-around in auto's and needs to be chemically satabilized when it is fresh for longer life in a boat tank. . Quick Kleen gets expensive. IMO

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    I have moved to Alabama and have found a gas station that sells real gas. (No ethonal) My question is if I use this fuel do I still need to run quick kleen which I have done since 2002 when I bought the boat.
    Not a drop of fuel goes in my boat tank without Quickleen. Assuming your inquiring about the 225 Optimax in your signature, if yes, the recommended cocktail, not just Quickleen, can be found in the FAQ at top of the 3L forum which covers your engine.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    yes and QCARE and prem plus oil in gas tank check out recommended cocktail in 3.0L SECTION
    +100... stick with what's recommended in the FAQ there, it's tried, tested, proven, re-proven, many times over.

Here's a DIRECT link to the thread you need:

Oil, Battery, Spark Plugs, Fuel and Fuel Additive Recommendations

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor