Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good or fair price?

What is a good or fair price for a 187dc? Hpdi 175, 80lb fortrex, 900 series hb nothing special, no clue on how many hours but it has been fished out of. Overall a solid boat I'm just trying to get in the right ballpark

2. Banned
    Google boat value and look it up by the nada or kbb will tell you what the book says it worth, then add a little for extras.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Google boat value and look it up by the nada or kbb will tell you what the book says it worth, then add a little for extras.
    So...12,500ish seem fair? The whole book value thing was a disaster for me. It gave me from 7000 up to 25k

4. Banned
    What year is the boat and motor?

5. Member
    What year is the boat and motor?

6. Member
    The hours can be retrieved from the ECM on an HPDI in just a few minutes. The read out will also tell you at what RPM those hours were accumulated. You need to have that done, a compression test, and preferably a leak down test. None of those are difficult or expensive.

Most folks would shy away from a motor with extremely high hours or one that had been run a lot at very high RPM.

Wayne

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneM1946 View Post
    The hours can be retrieved from the ECM on an HPDI in just a few minutes. The read out will also tell you at what RPM those hours were accumulated. You need to have that done, a compression test, and preferably a leak down test. None of those are difficult or expensive.

Most folks would shy away from a motor with extremely high hours or one that had been run a lot at very high RPM.

Wayne
    I dont wanna get my eyeballs beat out by some dealer checking the hours on the thing. I'm the seller if the buyer wants to do that then so be it. I'm just looking for a quick flip because I have upgraded to a Ranger Z521. The boat has always ran fine and will start with half a turn on the key. Never had any problems I'm just trying to list at a fair/quick sale price. So...10.5, 11, 11.5, 12? What is gonna make someone have to have it

8. Member
    I thought you WERE the buyer who was considering buying the boat.. The advice is still good advice for the buyer.

Wayne

9. Banned
    If I'm buying I'd want a compression test, I'd want to know how many hrs are on engine, if you SI on the boat an hour meter printout with a breakdown of RPM usage... Nothing kills a motor faster than carbon build up... I'd rather have an engine that's been run like a scalded dog than driven by a little old lady on a Sunday drive... Dan

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    You can get the YDS software and cable for ~$60 or so online. Or if you have the NMEA adapter on the motor and have it connected to your network, you can read it on your graph on Lowrance HDS. Don't know about HB, but would think so.

11. Member
    My god guys I'm just trying find a decent starting price to list the thing for. There really arent that many out there for sale to get a decent comparison. I just want a fair, fast moving, price so I can get more goodies for the Ranger. I'll figure it out

12. Banned

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbuster95 View Post
    Thanks

14. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Be sure and list it in the BBC For Sale forum before listing details here in this forum.

15. Banned
    NADA says. Including motor and trailer.

Low retail.. $7,500
    Average Retail $8,600

If I was a buyer, I'd offer you $4,500. If it was mine and selling, I'd be asking 10K.. Hope that helps.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxmike View Post
    NADA says. Including motor and trailer.

Low retail.. $7,500
    Average Retail $8,600

If I was a buyer, I'd offer you $4,500. If it was mine and selling, I'd be asking 10K.. Hope that helps.
    There isn't anyone on the planet that has purchased a boat like mine for 8600 bucks I'm just saying.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabassin14 View Post
    There isn't anyone on the planet that has purchased a boat like mine for 8600 bucks I'm just saying.
    you said yourself, “nothing special,”

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Star Cajun View Post
    you said yourself, “nothing special,”
    Its not, an older boat 19 foot but they dont sell for 8600 bucks either. Not sure why everything on this board has to be a argument..hey thanks for you help though. At that price I'll keep it for days like today where the river is blown out and I worry about hitting something

19. Banned
    I doubt he was trying to argue point is nada says $8,600 you might ask a couple hundred over for it's condition and equipment. But buyers are going to be really close to what the bank will loan even if they are paying cash.

20. Member
    I doubt he was trying to argue point is nada says $8,600 you might ask a couple hundred over for it's condition and equipment. But buyers are going to be really close to what the bank will loan even if they are paying cash.
    Man I think more of my little boat than that. There is a 98 at my local dealer listed at 11,700, then a 2003 with the basic bottom line merc on it for 10,000 from another guy, and 1 more that is a 1999 listed for 14. I figured 10k for my boat was a flip it by tomorrow kind of price. Idk if my heart can sell if for cheaper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast