Thread: Buck Horn

Buck Horn

What is Buck Horn looking like after the rain, have a club tournament there Saturday. 70 today 44 Saturday you got to love it.

Muddy a couple days ago...prolly won’t be much better after the rain coming. I could be wrong..? I rode through the parking lot...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Banned
    I was there Sunday for a few hours while my trailer was being worked on and it was muddy and high. Talked to a few who zeroed. Did not fish myself but looked baits and found a few. City guys came about 11am to clean all the pine straw and debris from the ramps when went to the truck to get my snacks i left in the truck.

4. Member
    I don’t think Buckhorn gets really muddy like The Tar res or Kerr does. It gets stirred up looking like the Florida lakes do,soupy looking. But it’s still tough fishing when it does that. I haven’t been in a week or so but I’d say with the warm weather we’ve had,some of those fish have moved up and one cool day won’t make them move very far. I’d fish shallow with something that moves a lot of water like a big square bill or spinnerbait.

Thanks guys, will let you know how things go.

6. Member
    John the tournament is on the Chowan river not Buckhorn.. Buckhorn was the backup if there was ice, but their is no ice in the forecast.. sorry
    Chad Conwell
    ABA Division 15 Director
    252-717-8602
    ABA Web Site: https://americanbassanglers.com/Divi...&RegionName=D1
    Facebook: ABA North Carolina East Div. 15
    1990 - Javelin 395
    1990 - Johnson 200 XP

Tournament was actually at Buck Horn, water muddy, wind howling. Two fish weighed, came from Turkey Creek.

8. Banned
    That sounds like the other day when i was out there. We go to Falls Lake Wednesday..............