Thinking about buying an X21 (2010 with an 09 yamaha 200 HPDI)

I am considering buying an Xpress that was either repo'd or in an accident of some kind. The price is crazy good and he is offering a water test.
    I am wondering what i should look for in the hull for damage since it looks like it was in a minor accident. (scratches in the side of the hull)
    The seller told me that the trailer had a broken cross member and the post was "messed up".
    Says he has a title for boat and trailer in SC and i live in NY. Would i be getting myself into to sticky of a situation?

what would be the price that would put you in the boat?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Member
    In SC we title boat and motor ...... not trailer. Just FYI incase of whatever 'story' he/she/they/it gives you. So if the trailer does have a legit title, it's from another state ...... or he has a Bill of Origin from the manufacturer (which I would highly doubt if it was a repo).

Me personally, it better be a steal of a deal to take a chance like it sounds ........ unless you start getting the full story, it sounds correct, and sound like something that you're willing to take a chance on.

I bought a boat that was a repo once. Boat dealer didn't want to disclose it until I got to asking questions that eventually had him in circles that he wasn't connecting back together correctly. I still bought the boat, but only b/c I knew what I was getting into (small basic repairs).

I've also went a long way for a great deal on a perfectly legit Xpress X19 too that was a steal of a deal.

Good Luck with your decision!
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

3. Member
    Thanks 391v. So it is a 2010 X21 with an 09 yamaha 200 and he wants $14k for it. Seems like a crazy deal. it books on NADA for like $25k. he bought it from a progressive insurance auction and showed me the pics the auction site posted.

4. Member
    I pick up stuff like this and make it better than new, if you can do the repairs yourself then you are way ahead. If not much is required then it is up to you on what you are comfortable with. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.