Thread: Rods on Deck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rods on Deck

I have an eyra and one thing that frustrates me is you can only have 4 rods on each side comfurtably without stepping on them. I would like to have a couple more but to me it seems to clutter things up a bunch. is there any pictures how yall have the rods on deck that could help me. i see that crews puts his own rod strap on further down the deck (on the lids). is it do he can have more rods on deck? In the BFLs i would think sliding the rods that far down woiudl mess with the co angler. Also, since im in florida most of my rods are 7'-6 to 8'.... Thanks everyone for taking a look.

always have more than that on the deck of my Cougar. and don't think the deck on it is any wider than the Eyra

3. Member
    Measured 3' back from tip of the rub rail, the Eyra is like 3'8", while cougar/puma are like 4'1" and Carcal is 4'5". So yes, at that spot the Eyra is pretty narrow compared to many other boats. About the only way to deal with that is slide them down toward the rear more.

really. guess I just never really thought they were that much different

10+ Rods on my caracal was easy. 8 max on my puma ftd. If you moved the straps lower you might could get more rods buckled down but it wont free up much foot room. Could also move your tm pedal back some to free up some width in that stance area.

heres specs https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...al-t37821.html
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

6. Member
    I moved the TM pedal back on my Eyra. It was kind of tight standing all the way at the bow with rods on both sides...it also gave me some extra room for a bigger graph. I can fit 5 baitcast combos on each side...just gotta play a little tetris...it is pretty tight.
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019
    Mercury 250 Pro XS Fourstroke

7. Member
    Thanks everyone. Options options.....

You can move them back and they will leave you more room. John Crews is a very organized angler and has a solid mental game also.

9. Member
    The Eyra is probably the tightest at the bow compared to all the other BCB offerings. Its part of the design and for me, I loved it when I had mine. I fish almost all shallow water. Many bayous. I am not a big horizontal presentation angler unless its top water. 90 percent of my fishing is pitching plastics. The small bow of the Eyra creates the perfect platform for this.

What I do and still do on my PII is put 4-6 rods on the starboard side, and fish from port. I did put my strap lower on the locker area to move my poles down slightly. This allows me to pitch from the starboard side when I need to as I sometimes need to skip the bait with an underhand cast.
    All my remaining poles I might use (usually top water and crankbaits) I put in the co-angler spot. Keeps my deck organized, and the other rods are only a step down away. My PII is slightly wider than the Eyra, but still place my rods the same.

Just my experience with the Eyra I owned.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Cajunhunter67, I noticed Avena runs his cougar like that. Rods piled on one side, fishing off the other. I guess it makes more sense to not have rods on both sides if you plan on using one side for jumping in the water. lol.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

11. Member
    If I cant get it done with 8 rods on deck, I think i'm going home.

Amen!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angle iron View Post
    If I cant get it done with 8 rods on deck, I think i'm going home.

id be going home early every trip haha.

14. Member
    I have an Eyra and I fish with only spinning rods...go ahead and bring on the jokes because I've heard them all. I typically have 3 or 4 rods on each side of me and I have never had an issue with not having enough room. I flip and pitch all the way to throwing an Arig. I promise I am not trying to be a smart azz but I just don't understand why this is an issue. What are y'all doing on the deck while fishing that you need so much room?!
    BCB Eyra 2017
    GMC Sierra 2018

15. Member
    I would love to see a picture with the trolling motor pedal in the most rear position with 4 rods strapped down on each side to see how much room up front there is.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

16. Member
    I'll snap one today if I have time.
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019

17. Member
    Here ya go....2019 Eyra with TM pedal in back position. 4 baitcast combos on each side. Yard stick for reference. IMG_3911.JPG
    Bass Cat Eyra 2019

18. Member
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jv83 View Post
    Here ya go....2019 Eyra with TM pedal in back position. 4 baitcast combos on each side. Yard stick for reference. IMG_3911.JPG
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jv83 View Post

I went and looked at a new one today. I was getting ready to buy a Phoenix but with your help and seeing one in person the eyra is what I want
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jusmangrum View Post
    I went and looked at a new one today. I was getting ready to buy a Phoenix but with your help and seeing one in person the eyra is what I want
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast