LakeMaster and Navionics

Has anyone compared these and actual areas on a lake? I had the LakeMaster app on my phone and these 2 maps are very different. Navionics shows a hump where LM doesn't or LM shows something that Navionics doesn't. Which one is correct, or is neither one correct? And why can you run Navionics on a HB but can't run LM on a Lowrance?

2. Member
    Depends on the lake as to which is more accurate. Lakemaster (Humminbird owned) has hired several guys to graph several lakes. I know the did Eufaula and guntersville. Probably did KY lake too but don’t quote me on that. navionics has taken too maps and satellite imaging and created their maps. That’s why you see most docks on navionics.

To to answer your next question about why navionics works in humminbird, Lowrance, etc is because they were an independent company for a long time. They were one of the first digital maps available so all fish finder companies adapted to incorporate their maps. Now navionics is owned by Garmin. Lakemaster is owned by Humminbird and they’re not playing nice with Lowrance and Garmin and want to keep their product proprietary to only Humminbird units.

C-Map has a lot of cool features for Lowrance. They have also hired people to drive lakes and graph numerous lakes so those maps are very accurate. There is also C-Map Genesis which is free. It’s community driven where people have uploaded maps to their web site.
    Joey Aderhold

3. Member
    Just looking at the C-Map Precision Contour HD, anyone know when they will have KY ready?