Thread: Loomis prices

Banned

Loomis prices

I see they went up 25-35 at Tackle Warehouse? Probably common huh?

All Loomis rods went up 5 to 10% at beginning of the year. Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

3. Member
    They won’t be getting any more of my money if they keep going up! They’re good but not $550 good!

4. Member
    I stand corrected. $600 now for NRX casting models.

5. Member
    When things go up and they aren’t redesigned it sucks. Dobyns changed their prices on their rods but upgraded guides to Fuji a few years back. If the NRX was redesigned and upgraded and prices went up I can see it. But I can’t really now.

6. Member
    They are just forcing me to JDM side

Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    When things go up and they aren’t redesigned it sucks. Dobyns changed their prices on their rods but upgraded guides to Fuji a few years back. If the NRX was redesigned and upgraded and prices went up I can see it. But I can’t really now.
    There is nothing I would personally change with the NRX.

What would you change?

If memory serves me correctly, most went up an average of $25-$30...Components and cork come from where again?????? Costs continue to rise, and NO I would not change anything on NRX either. Careful what you ask for! Dan
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

9. Member
    Loomis raised all their prices for 2020.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

10. Member
    Does NFC still supply Loomis with blanks or does Shimano make them all from the original Loomis equipment? If they use NFC blanks then it explains why Kistler went up $20-$50 on most rods too.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post

What would you change?
    These rods hit the market many years ago. I would think a facelift with new cosmetics and possibly a new guide terrain. If the feel the blank itself is about as good as they can make I would leave that part the same.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    These rods hit the market many years ago. I would think a facelift with new cosmetics and possibly a new guide terrain. If the feel the blank itself is about as good as they can make I would leave that part the same.

guys complain about the recoil guides but I don’t think the rod would be as sensitive as it is without them
    Nitro z21

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Does NFC still supply Loomis with blanks or does Shimano make them all from the original Loomis equipment? If they use NFC blanks then it explains why Kistler went up $20-$50 on most rods too.
    Shimano has never used NFC blanks. Gary Loomis hasn't worked with Shimano for years.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Shimano has never used NFC blanks. Gary Loomis hasn't worked with Shimano for years.
    that’s what I was wondering. I know Shimano bought Loomis along with all of the original designs and manderels but didn’t know if they get blanks from NFC or they still use the Loomis tech they bought to craft their own.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

15. Member
    Although their rods are manufactured here, they still have to import some of the components. Currency values, excise taxes, etc. could be having an effect on their material prices, and that gets passed along to the consumer. They may also be payng more in wages, health insurance costs, etc. All in all, a 5% price increase on Loomis rods is not outrageous as they have a great reputation and apparently they still have plenty of demand. If these were $80 rods no one would say much about an increase of $5 but that becomes a $20 to $25 increase on a $400 rod.

16. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    that’s what I was wondering. I know Shimano bought Loomis along with all of the original designs and manderels but didn’t know if they get blanks from NFC or they still use the Loomis tech they bought to craft their own.
    Shimano bought Loomis in 1997 and Gary left almost 10 years ago. A lot of people are way late on this “news” and try to place blame on company decisions they don’t like on this “new” development.....not you...just saying many people have no idea.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post

What would you change?
    the guides, and full cork option. Ditch the recoils. Only reason I sold my 873.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

18. Member
    I took the recoils off mine . There was too much squealing of the line when reeling in a fish .