2006 pantera classic

I will be picking up my first bass cat this weekend and couldn't be more excited. It is a 2006 pantera classic with a 2005 200vmax ox66. The boat is currently running the standard 25m Yamaha prop on a atlas plate. I would like to start playing with the set up and seeing what I can get out of it. I typically run fairly light and and wondering if I could turn a 26 fury 3? open to other options as where to start.

2. Member
    If it won't now, Hydro Tec is only a phone call away. Enjoy your little rocket fishing machine.

3. Member
    Welcome to the family!
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

4. Member
    Welcome to the BCB family!

OLDTIMER ojn this forum has a P Classic, don't believe it has a Yama, but he is experienced in the set up for the Classic.
    Do a search and maybe PM him.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Member
    Wife and I are getting our 2006 Pantera Classic With a 200 Optimax on Monday. I’m looking forward to getting out and getting in set up too. Upgrading from a 1994 P2 with a 150. Welcome to the family. Good luck on getting it set the way you want it.

6. Member
    Not a rice-burner person, so I don't know much about your motor other than all Yammies seem to be highly thought of.

I run a 3.0L optimax. Has a 1.75 lower unit. I run a 26p Fury and am happy with it. About the only thing it doesn't do very well is run at very slow speeds on plane. It will run 25mph all day, easily, but to drop down to 20 or so requires constant juggling of the throttle. Why is this important for me? My wife considers 20-25 as a max speed. :) But for loading on trailer, hole shot, cruising at 4K RPM, and WOT max speed, it is the best I have found. I regularly run 75 in most any conditions, and have hit 78 in cold air with the right chop on the water. In rare cases (today was a good one) I have seen well over 80. But that is with the Coosa River confusing itself with the TN River. Lay dam was running 30K cubic per second generating, and 90K cubic feet per second over the spillway. Upriver, current was massive. Running down-river would produce record numbers for anyone. Up river not so much. :)

In any case, if your L/U is something other than 1.75, then I can't say what the Fury 3 will do for you. I assume that is a two-stroke motor? Something over 3 liters displacement? I have seen reference to 1.81 as a possible ratio but have no real data. Would probably work well. All PVS plugs removed.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

7. Member
    Thanks for the input. The lower is in fact a 1.81. I guess if fury doesn't run well I could always have it worked but would like to avoid that.