BBC SPONSOR

Need Some Help!! Lowrance HDS Gen 2s

I give up!!!! Im trying to find a trolling motor mounted transducer for a Lowrance HDS9 Touch Gen 2 that will provide me with down scan and sonar. Ive been searching on the forum with no clear cut model of transducer to purchase. a very simple thing that's taking me all day. should I just get an lss2 and buy the mounting bracket and be done with it? I have no idea why there isn't a clear cut transducer that specifically mounts to the trolling motor.

THANKS!

2. Member
    HDI transducer if you’re just wanting the down and sonar.

3. Member
    7 pin HDI with the Lowrance HDI trolling motor mount. Not sure why it's so difficult.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

HDI as stated above
    Your idea of putting LSS2 on trolling would allow side structure in addition to the DI
    A Spotlight transducer will also provide DI/2D..I found a cheap one BNIB and added it instead of HDI.

5. Member
    "I have an HDI transducer for sale if you are interested $80 TYD if you are interested"

There is one that will mount to a trolling motor, a puck style but that won't give you down scan. An HDI Transducer is what you need. It will give you Sonar and down scan.

Though you could use the mount that comes with the HDI transducer and hold it on the T.M. with a hose clamp, if you hit anything, even lightly, you will most likely break the plastic part of the transducer that bolts it to that mount.

If you want to do it right, you need a separate mount. Below is the set-up I use for my HDS Gen2 touch and Minn Kota TM.

Lowrance Transom-Mount Hybrid Dual Imaging (HDI) Skimmer Transducer https://www.westmarine.com/buy/lowra...ucer--14273965

I have it mounted to the trolling motor on a Transducer Shield Saver. I believe the one I have is on the link below. Just check with them to make sure its the model you need before you order it. https://www.transducershieldandsaver...000-10976-001/
    Last edited by OBT; 02-18-2020 at 07:05 AM.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.