Will Lewis Smith Lake be a mess this weekend.

I thought I'd go down and fish the lake for the first time as a BFL coangler, as I'm going to fish the BassCat owners tournament and will have very limited practice time. Today is the deadline to enter without the late fee. With 3-5 " of rain in the forecast and a low of 25 degrees that morning, I'm talking myself out of it.

What do you think?

2. Dogfish_Jones
    Keep talking and you should be fine. All the lakes in Alabama are not going to get any better right now, they are going to get worse.

3. Member
    It will be stained in areas and clean in others, I think it will fish good. We fished it Sunday and the bite was pretty good.

Well I ain't going this weekend. Between the forecast rain, then turning off to 25 degrees at takeoff I'm wimping out. I'm going to try to make it down a day earlier before the tourney instead. That will be more beneficial and cheaper anyway.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob4AU View Post
    It will be stained in areas and clean in others, I think it will fish good. We fished it Sunday and the bite was pretty good.
    Anyone know what the water temps were/are?

6. Member
    Go fish all of the run ins. That’ll screw some people up. The run ins will have some spotted monsters in them.
    Joey Aderhold