Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Try P2P at 3.5" below and go in 1/4" increments till you find the sweet spot. Watch your water pressure when raising it. Is the Fury 3 or 4 blades?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Try P2P at 3.5" below and go in 1/4" increments till you find the sweet spot. Watch your water pressure when raising it. Is the Fury 3 or 4 blades?
    3 blade prop

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    A 24 P Raker or a 25P Tempest plus may be the ticket for you.

4. Member
    Ok I took the boat out sunday and the holeshot seems very slow to me. Takes quite a while to drop the nose and get on plane. I would say 7 seconds or more of it standing up pretty high. I made sure it was trimmed all the way down.
    I am adjusting the jack plate up 1 inch today and hoping to get out for a test.
    I just measured and I have a 10" setback plate. Is that to much for this boat?
    My buddy has a 24p raker prop he will be shipping to me hopefully very soon. So I can try that as well.

Thanks again for everyones help here.

5. Member
    A bad holeshot could be a bad ignition coil. Easy to check with a spark plug test light and muffs. Look on YouTube. I had to replace one right after buying my Champ.

6. Member
    Took it back out to test after raising plate and the holeshot was much improved and got 3.5 mph out of it. I also experianced chine walk for the first time. Thankfully I have been reading alot here and knew what was happening so the pucker factor wasnt that high!
    Hahaha
    Gonna start going in 1/4" increments to see what I can get out of her.

7. Member
    Awesome !!!!

keep adjusting the jack plate, you will find the sweet spot !

chine was can be spooky but if you keep it straight and drive through it you will find that sweet rocking pad spot!

i had an 18-8 elite with 150 Mag 3 Mariner and 25” Ballistic prop, 8” jack plate
    ran 62-63 loaded once I get the set up right!

you will be happy with that boat for years to come!

welcome to the family!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12