A big thanks, and some comments that may help others--Mega 360 install

I've posted several questions in an earlier thread about how to install and power a new Mega 360 unit that I got from Chris Berry at A-1 electronics.
    I can't say enough good things about Chris Berry. He is a fine gentleman, angler, and runs a great online business. Chris took my order for the Mega 360 at a great price and got it to me the minute they were available.
    If you need new or additional electronics give Chris a shot. I don't think you will be disappointed.

With that thanks said, I also need to thank Allan in Parts at BCB and Stuart Malone, the guru of all things rigging at BCB. We have all said for years that service is the single biggest after sale asset of BCB. These two gentlemen exemplify it.
    I got an email response on SATURDAY from BCB with regards to where to pick up power for the Mega on my Lynx.

First of all, a truly impressive little item about attention to detail at BCB. They put, at least in the premium models, an extra 12V switched circuit, with connectors already crimped in place, as a part of the wiring harness at the bow.
    All I had to do to power the Mega was to open the connector plate with the trolling motor plug in place, and pull it out of the way. Plenty of slack there to move it into the trolling motor basin.
    the stubbed off circuit, black and red are sitting right there.

Next, to make routing the power wire easier, I removed the round plastic access plate that sits in the trolling motor pedal basin. My foot pedal is in the rear position, so the plate was easy to remove. 4 screws, in and out.
    There is a groove under the plate area that the power cord sits in very cleanly. Was easy to route it up from there to the head of the 360 shaft.

Chris sent me the Y cable that allows you to connect both the Mega 360 unit, and the Solix transducer to the control head unit at the bow.

I had already updated my software to the latest Solix version, so all I had to do was download and install the accessories software update, so that the control head recognizes the Mega 360.

Total time was less than 3 hours, and some of that was scrounging around finding the right tools, and understanding how to orient the bracket on the Ultrex.

So, my system is an Ultrex, a Solix 12 and a Mega 360. And if I can figure out how to make it all work, it is REALLY a simple job.

Thanks to Chris, Allen and Stuart, and for the foresight at BCB for putting in that extra 12v pair.

Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwhitten View Post
    I've posted several questions in an earlier thread about how to install and power a new Mega 360 unit that I got from Chris Berry at A-1 electronics.
    I can't say enough good things about Chris Berry. He is a fine gentleman, angler, and runs a great online business. Chris took my order for the Mega 360 at a great price and got it to me the minute they were available.
    If you need new or additional electronics give Chris a shot. I don't think you will be disappointed.

With that thanks said, I also need to thank Allan in Parts at BCB and Stuart Malone, the guru of all things rigging at BCB. We have all said for years that service is the single biggest after sale asset of BCB. These two gentlemen exemplify it.
    I got an email response on SATURDAY from BCB with regards to where to pick up power for the Mega on my Lynx.

First of all, a truly impressive little item about attention to detail at BCB. They put, at least in the premium models, an extra 12V switched circuit, with connectors already crimped in place, as a part of the wiring harness at the bow.
    All I had to do to power the Mega was to open the connector plate with the trolling motor plug in place, and pull it out of the way. Plenty of slack there to move it into the trolling motor basin.
    the stubbed off circuit, black and red are sitting right there.

Next, to make routing the power wire easier, I removed the round plastic access plate that sits in the trolling motor pedal basin. My foot pedal is in the rear position, so the plate was easy to remove. 4 screws, in and out.
    There is a groove under the plate area that the power cord sits in very cleanly. Was easy to route it up from there to the head of the 360 shaft.

Chris sent me the Y cable that allows you to connect both the Mega 360 unit, and the Solix transducer to the control head unit at the bow.

I had already updated my software to the latest Solix version, so all I had to do was download and install the accessories software update, so that the control head recognizes the Mega 360.

Total time was less than 3 hours, and some of that was scrounging around finding the right tools, and understanding how to orient the bracket on the Ultrex.

So, my system is an Ultrex, a Solix 12 and a Mega 360. And if I can figure out how to make it all work, it is REALLY a simple job.

Thanks to Chris, Allen and Stuart, and for the foresight at BCB for putting in that extra 12v pair.

Thanks for the installation update. I'll be installing a Mega 360 on my Lynx very soon. I was hoping to use the switch you referenced! I ordered my 360 in December. Hopefully I'll see it soon!

6. Member
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    I kept good notes.