Sticking hard to open compartments

How do I cure this issue? New 2020

2. Member
    Let the carpet get some wear and it will cure itself. I have never seen one that wasn't hard to open when new.

3. Banned
    That's just part of the pleasure of owning a new boat... I guess if you're really motivated you could go buy an electric hair trimmer and could shave them down a bit... On my 2018 the rear boxes, battery and gas tank hatches are still hard to open but my rod and center box have relaxed quite a bit... I guess what I'm saying is get out the and break it in... Dan

4. Member
    My 2004 had no problems, my 2016 driver's side front box is still tight

A friends Ranger had this so bad, He was breaking pull handles off... He was told to use an iron on the door edges and spray a little 100% silicone on the mating carpet edges. I'm not sure hair clippers will help much.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    A friends Ranger had this so bad, He was breaking pull handles off... He was told to use an iron on the door edges and spray a little 100% silicone on the mating carpet edges. I'm not sure hair clippers will help much.
    I broke the handle off three of my compartments . I think it had more to do with them being junk latches than anything though. I ended up replacing them all with top grade latches since.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post