Champion to triton

Looking at a 2018 trx21 and have been in a 19 ft champion for a couple years. For those that have gone from champion to triton, what are some of the differences, likes, dislikes? Thanks

2. Member
    I had a 191 and now have a 20xs, the triton rides better and I thought I’d never say that. The front deck is a better fishing platform and the lack of the champion keel rock is not missed either. Obviously faster, more storage, and a boat that you can find parts for since they are still in business. All composite too helps as the re-seal of a champion is a task. Mine was a 99, so I got a lot of the newer features and love the boat. I loved my champion, but triton is also a really good boat. Hope that helps.

3. Member
    I ran Champions from 1986 to 2006 (Model 176, 184s, 196, 204, & 206s) owning 8 different boats. The early narrow bodies rode the best. When the wide bodied models came out, fishing platform was greatly improved, but ride did suffer from the wider bow. I have been running Tritons now for the last four years (3 different boats) and can tell you the ride is outstanding and the fishing platform is superb. Storage is outstanding. The latest Tritons out of the new Midway plant show a marked improvement in quality over the Ranger plant models from 2 years ago. The TRX21 is of course the flagship. You will not be disappointed.