Outboard Fish n Ski on White River, Indy

I've got a 17' Starcraft with a 60hp outboard and wondering if it's possible to fish any part of the White River near Indy for smallmouth. I'm reading all I can but can't really get a grip on the scene. I understand the jets can run the skinny water up and down and get to the good water. But, can a lake boat find a place to have a chance at some decent fish?
    Any information would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Thats a tin boat, correct? If so, yes thats doable....just watch for high or low water levels

3. Member
    There's a ramp in Broad Ripple park where you can put in. Be careful however as there's a dam about a quarter mile down stream from the ramp. I've put my nitro in a couple times here and went upstream to fish, but seem to get on a better bite below the dam either in a yak or wading.
    Nitro Savage 896 - 150hp Mariner EFI - U​ltrex / Garmins

4. Member
    It is an aluminum boat.
    Are there chances at some nice fish? 4+ lb?

5. Member
    Put in at Broad Ripple Park and go up river to the White River Yacht Club and fish right out in front of it. There are
    always some smallies in this section of the river. be careful and hug the eastside because its shallow. Good Luck

6. Member
    Thanks for the info.
    I thought I'd read of some decent fishing more towards downtown. But, maybe those ramps have been closed.
    I wish I had a jet.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalliehound View Post
    It is an aluminum boat.
    A chance, yes, not a great chance in my experience

8. Member
    I have a canoe that I can put my 55lb thrust trolling motor on. That might be a better option.

9. Member
    havent been there in 3 years but it was always decent. do be careful at the indy yacht club definitely be on the east bank almost uncomfortably near the boats and docks on that side. after you pass the creek mouth across from it you can run up to the big pits on the east side past keystone if you go in the summer be prepared to idle around because of kayaks. hope that helps
    Jeremy From Indy
    2019 PolarKraft TX 195 Pro
    2019 Suzuki 200SS

10. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by smalliehound View Post
    It is an aluminum boat.
    There's always a chance but it would be a very small chance. This is a safe place for you to put in.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-86.1958383