Setup for a smaller aluminum bass rig

I'm thinking about buying a 16' mod-v style jon for river, small lake fishing, etc. Sometimes the glass boat is a lot to tow around for a short trip to small water. That said, I'd like to set this boat up with great electronics(24v ultrexx) in case I run it in some wildcatters. The models I'm looking at have beams at 78" and dry weight of 600lbs. They are rated to 50hp and I'm leaning towards Yamaha. The thing that worries me is balancing/weight distribution. With the gas tank, driver, and 3 batteries in the back I'm nervous about the stern sitting low, holeshot, or backwash over the transom. The Yamaha 40 is lighter but the 50 has more torque being it's a 4 cylinder motor. The mercury 50 weighs the same as the yamaha. I know the best way to decide on things like this is to go for a test ride. Unfortunately everything is frozen where I'm at, and the style of boat I want is not common in my area. There is a chance that I may end up having to order a boat straight from the mfg. and drive to a dealer 4 hours away to pick it up. I am open to any and all suggestions for anyone who has owned or set up a similar rig.

The models I'm looking at: RangerMPV1652(Triton 1652 same thing), Xpress HD16DB, Lowe 1660 deluxe tiller(this one is a few inches wider and few pounds heavier)

Thanks for any info, I'm just doing heavy research now because I want to get it right and keep this boat for a long long time.

2. Pat Goff
    I like the powertech four blades on iron hulls with small motors. Be sure and prop it to run at your motors top rpm range, if it says 6,000 then that's where it needs to be.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>