Jackplate transducer location

Anybody have any recommendations for where to mount transducer on the jackplate this is what I did and I知 wondering if I知 going to have interference or if I知 in a good spot. CAAF0CEE-89EB-4BBE-AA2E-9966EA235EB4.jpeg

2. Member
    What brand / type of unit is that for ? If it is a combo sonar /structure scan transducer it looks like it will be out of the water at higher speeds from the picture . I have mounted the Lowrance LSS-1 transducer for HDS on 2 different boats off a jackplate like in your picture and it works great but that is only used at low speeds 5mph and less .

3. Member
    As long as you also have a glassed in 2d ducer in the bilge area for readings at speed, you should be fine with imaging. Most of the installations that I have seen have had that ducer on the starboard side of the jackplate. Not sure if prop rotation and turbulence is the reason. Somebody else with more knowledge on that aspect will hopefully answer in.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

It is a terrible location as there is to much turbulence at that location, should be at least 12 in to the starboard side of the motor
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    It is a terrible location as there is to much turbulence at that location, should be at least 12 in to the starboard side of the motor
    So if I understand you correctly, you should never use a jack plate, even if it is starboard side? A lot of people use the jack plate. The reason I’m wondering is I’m getting ready to mounts Lowrance LSS2 to transducer and trying to figure out the best place to mount it. Any advice would be helpful.

It may or may not work well on the plate, the safest place is at least 12 in to the starboard side where you will have a more laminar water flow
    Thank You Leon Pugh