Thread: Helix 9

Question Helix 9

Hey got a helix 9 put a xp920 under tank in my bullet first few trip read depth good then nothing.talked to hummingbird tech they told me they thought y cable was bad. Installed new one .just to it to the lake shows everything but depth. Hooked my back transducer to the unit depth is there. Hooked xp920 straight to graph no depth what do you guys think is problem

2. Member
    I m having problems with depth reading on a Helix 9 G2N as well. When the bottom goes away, the sonar stops scrolling as well. Are you saying your sonar is scrolling but no depth reading?

I am changing to a G3N MSI anyway, so I am changing the shoot thru transducer in the bilge and adding the MSI transducer to the jack plate.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrownfish62 View Post
    Hey got a helix 9 put a xp920 under tank in my bullet first few trip read depth good then nothing.talked to hummingbird tech they told me they thought y cable was bad. Installed new one .just to it to the lake shows everything but depth. Hooked my back transducer to the unit depth is there. Hooked xp920 straight to graph no depth what do you guys think is problem
    Faulty shoot-thru or installation.
    How did the shoot-thru perform before you bonded it to the hull?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    I took it to lake tried it before I glued it. Worked a few times then nothing.i pulled tank today transducer was just sitting no glue on it .barely touched glue it all came up like it didn’t stick.i used carb cleaner on it .i order a new shoot thru going to take it to lake see if it reads depth before I glue them both.going to try the old one first .if it does I will have the other one rolled up for stand by