Thread: kipawa prop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

kipawa prop

does anyone use a kipawa prop on their MK trolling motor, just curious, wanna pick up a spare prop and figured I might give it a try

2. Member
    Love the Kipawa prop. They do as advertised on the performance side. Doesnt take much to get them outta balance though. Better for more open water fishing than bank pounding where you run into more stuff.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I run one, performance is decent however the balance has been out since day one.....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    I run one, performance is decent however the balance has been out since day one.....
    Had a similar experience a few years ago. Created a terrible vibration. Gave it away after trying it for a few trips.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    I use one for a spare and ran it a few times. It’s a couple of tenths of a mph faster than the stock prop but it doesn’t steer as well to me. I don’t notice any vibration with it.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Had a similar experience a few years ago. Created a terrible vibration. Gave it away after trying it for a few trips.
    Same here. Bought one 6 or 7 years for my MG Tour 80. Vibrated and thumped like crazy. Took it off after the first try.

I've got a Kipawa prop I tried on my Maxxum Pro 80 and didn't like it. PM me if anyone wants it.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

8. Member
    I got three one time, one for each of my trolling motors. The things were so out of balance, I took them right back off.image(8).png
    I will never get another one from them.

I'm not sure if they are out of balance in weight, shape, length, or pitch.... I'm wondering if they could be static balanced... I have heard of this issue many times. May be able to just file the length, shape or weight to fix them.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

10. Member
    The couple I had on my fortrex and then the ultrex only started vibrating after I’d dinged them a time or three. Never had one wobble right out of the box.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    well that kinda answers that question , thanks for the info I appreciate it

12. Member
    Sounds like they pretty much suck.

13. Member
    I had one for my motorguide and only used it on lakes where I know I’m not going to be fishing around weeds. The open water performance was great but they are even worse than the motorguide props in weeds. Also they have a smaller diameter hub so any grass blade won’t work with them. If you have clean reservoirs or lakes, they are good, otherwise just stick with an oem prop
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

14. Member
    Ran one on an old motorguide with good results. I tried one on my Terrova and it worked great for about a year and I noticed vibration/noise. The groove where the shear pin fits was worn out. Never had this issue with any other prop. Not sure I will buy another one til someone can tell me why this happened! And yes the prop nut was torqued properly and the fit was good.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

I've run one for many (10+) yrs when I fish in weeded or grassy lakes. I use the standard Minnkota blade for open water lakes. I've had probably 3 maybe 4 and only had 1 that was out of balance. I spun it on a bolt in my vise and used a file and got it balanced pretty much right on. I really like mine. And they do chop up the weeds and grass really well !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

16. Member
    Had one on my ultrex and loved it. Super quiet and I didnt have any problems with grass. It worked lots better than the weedless minnkota prop. I will have one on my next boat too

17. Member
    I have 1 for my minn kota and get a vibration at 60%. Below that it is great, pulls much harder than a factory prop. Do you file off the hub or blades to get them balanced?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
    I have 1 for my minn kota and get a vibration at 60%. Below that it is great, pulls much harder than a factory prop. Do you file off the hub or blades to get them balanced?
    Blades !!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Mine works great.

20. Member
    I've got one on a 112 Fortrex. The factory is my spare. The Kipawa will pull my boat better on 30 than the factory does at 40. And, it's way better in vegetation than the factory, not even close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast