VX200TRLB O2 Sensor Cleaning

I purchased this boat / motor late last summer and it ran great but I am going to go through as much of this motor that I can as I do not have any records of what has been done to it and I do not want any surprises that I could have easily prevented with routine inspections and such.

Just pulled the O2 sensor, right now I have to believe it has been cleaned fairly recently, what do you think?
    Can I reuse the two round gaskets and the large sensor body gasket?

Also, when I pulled the body off, the sniffer fell out so I am not sure which end goes into the motor first or does it matter which end?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Sniffer tube, doesn’t matter.
    I don’t have a removable center In my housing ( 225 VMAX) .
    never seen my O2 sensor have that color, mine is black from the oil. I take mine out every winter and soak it in Techron but only to the bottom of the threads. I order the gaskets from Boat.net they are factory Yamaha gaskets

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    never seen my O2 sensor have that color, mine is black from the oil.
    I found a Yamaha tech bulletin last night about testing / removal and cleaning the sensor and it stated that the sensor under normal condition will have a light brown color to the tip of the sensor.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    I found a Yamaha tech bulletin last night about testing / removal and cleaning the sensor and it stated that the sensor under normal condition will have a light brown color to the tip of the sensor.
    maybe mine is bad

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    maybe mine is bad
    Here is the link to the bulletin https://www.simyamaha.com/YAMAHA_OXY...ION_s/1841.htm
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

6. Member
    I stopped by my local Yamaha dealer yesterday yo get the parts for this project. I realized afterwards that o-ring part #93210-17003 was not installed on my outboard when I took the sensor assembly apart. According to the exploded parts view this o-ring goes between the sensor holder body and the metal gasket ring where the sniffer tube is located. Wish I knew how to load the parts view in this thread.
    The o-ring is item 44 of the Electrical 3 parts view, https://www.simyamaha.com/category_s...t-category=126 , hope the link works.

Anyway, do I need to install this o-ring?

edit: disregard this post, I found the o-ring
    Last edited by M-D; 02-11-2020 at 07:14 PM.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

Is the service manual helping you?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Is the service manual helping you?
    It will be for sure!! I finished up all with the O2 sensor, poppet and VST filters last night and should have the primary filter today or tomorrow to complete. Then I am going to study the service manual a bit and find all of those grease fittings and give them some love.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66