Front sonar mount

So I just finished installing the upgrades on the new boat. Motorguide X5 80# w/sonar, 7" Hook2 at helm on Scotty mount, 2nd battery and Guest 10 amp per bank charger. Whoever at Tracker that thought putting the battery charger under the center seat was a good idea needs to be fired. Any way I am moving the 5" hook from the helm up front and wondered if anyone has installed their mount to the panel that runs from the deck to the bow cap? It seems pretty solid, just want it close to the TM tray for the sonar feed. What do y'all think. Oh its raining today so no pics.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

I dont see why not. I would bolt through and not use screws and either large washers or a plate for support on the back side.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    I have two depthfinders on the front. I have an HDS 5 on a ram mount on the plate that you mention. I have an HDS9 on a larger ram mount that is mounted to the deck. Your depthfinder is probably about the same size so you are probably OK.

4. Banned
    What length trolling motor shaft? Good looking boat is that a tournament edition?
    what prop?

5. Member
    Those chargers are suppose to be able to operate while fully submerged in water.
    Maybe so, but for sure in a rain it will test its capabilities, because its going
    to get wet. I'm like you, I would move it.
    The one in my Lund is mounted in the front center rod box. I dont feel good about
    that, but I have no intentions of my boat ever being wet except on the bottom.
    LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    So I just finished installing the upgrades on the new boat. Motorguide X5 80# w/sonar, 7" Hook2 at helm on Scotty mount, 2nd battery and Guest 10 amp per bank charger. Whoever at Tracker that thought putting the battery charger under the center seat was a good idea needs to be fired. Any way I am moving the 5" hook from the helm up front and wondered if anyone has installed their mount to the panel that runs from the deck to the bow cap? It seems pretty solid, just want it close to the TM tray for the sonar feed. What do y'all think. Oh its raining today so no pics.
    I have a RAM ball mount on that plate. So far I have used it for a 7", 10" and 12" Humminbird Helix.

This has the 10" on it:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    What length trolling motor shaft? Good looking boat is that a tournament edition?
    what prop?
    I went with the 50" shaft and it still fits under the cover, had to drill new holes but I'm over that fear already. put some stailess bolts in the old ones. Not a toruney edition because I wanted a little larger graph at helm, the Tourney comes with two 5 inch Hooks and 24V Minn Kota Edge. The prop is a 24" Tempest.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    I have a RAM ball mount on that plate. So far I have used it for a 7", 10" and 12" Humminbird Helix.

This has the 10" on it:

Wayne you always have the latest stuff and know your electronics but youre not much for Cable organization.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Wayne you always have the latest stuff and know your electronics but youre not much for Cable organization.
    That is organized compared to when I was testing both 360's at the same time. This is one of the times I just hung the 360 on the gunnel to check some features:

This time I had both 360's on the trolling motor:

When I have three units on the bow, there are even more wires
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL