Thread: Falls lake info

Falls lake info

Hello everyone, I will be in the area the first week of April and plan on towing my boat from Pa to try a little fishing while I'm there. Can anyone give me some areas to fish on Falls Lake, It's a big lake. Also any specific baits for that time of year. Any help would be appreciated.
    Rob Rosencrans
    Denali Rods Pro Staff
    Cabin Creek Baits Pro Staff
    Gitzit Po Staff
    Mega Strike Pro Staff

The upper end of Falls from Rollingview Rec area up to Cheek road and 85 can be dangerous to run if you dont know where you are going. Be sure to consult a good map and use caution.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

3. Member
    Thanks for the heads up, I do have a nav chip in my gps. Is there any specific baits that time of year?
    Rob Rosencrans
    Denali Rods Pro Staff
    Gitzit Po Staff
    Mega Strike Pro Staff

4. Banned
    Should be a great time to come for pre-spawn and some on the beds. The blade or topwater may be working depending on how the water is doing. For me, from Newlight creek to the dam is where i like to fish but a lot of big tournry sacks come from the other end. As mentioned above though,it can be tricky. Stuff moves around up there year to year. Newlight creek can be really good starting at the mouth of it and every thing back to the bridge. There are lots of deep points and shore line from Newlight to the dam with lots of pockets and small creek arms. Just my 2 cents. Rebel Magnum pop-r and a 1/2 oz double willow sb work great for me.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info, It will get me started
    Rob Rosencrans
    Denali Rods Pro Staff
    Gitzit Po Staff
    Mega Strike Pro Staff