Ultrex heading puck

For those who have added an ultrex to your boat, where have you tied in your heading sensor? I though about wiring it to my nav light switch near the trolling motor panel, but I don't want my lights on all day.

2. Member
    I tied my heading sensor to the cranking battery. I don’t have a switch on mine. I mounted my puck back on the stern and haven’t had any issues

3. Member
    The starboard cup holder at the very back of my Classic never gets used. I cut a round piece of plastic, used the 3m two sided tape to stick it to the rim of the cup holder, and screwed the heading sensor to the plastic. Doesn't move. Crank battery was right there. There already was a hole in the bottom of the cup holder to run the wire. In my previous P2, I did the same thing, but in the cup holder at the bow, and tapped power at the front. As long as the master power was off, there was no drain.

This was the install on my P2. No drilling, no new holes anywhere.

IMG_0856 (1).jpg
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Looks good. I was thinking the same thing. Just splicing into the hot side of the switch which should leave it on as long as the master power is on.

5. Member
    Couldn't you tie into the power for the trolling motor?
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

6. Member
    I have a different brand, but I put the sender just off the side and front of the drivers console and wired it to a block under the dash.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LainTx View Post
    Looks good. I was thinking the same thing. Just splicing into the hot side of the switch which should leave it on as long as the master power is on.
    Thanks. I actually did a neater job on my Classic. I used a much thinner piece of plastic, and cut it perfectly round. Also helps to silicone around the base of the cup holder for waterproofing. Although tapping into a power source that is able to be switched off will provide peace of mind, apparently it is not necessary. According to John (Jones), once the troller power is off, the sensor loses its bluetooth connection, turns off, and draws no power.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

p4 13 (2).jpg

here is where mine is installed. Power is ran to the "hot" side of nav lights so as long as master power switch at console is on then it has power. Power for the front two graphs and panoptix transducer are run to a fuse block at console.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

9. Member
    That is pretty much where mine is. I put it in the same spot i had an old lowrance puck. Thanks for confiming the hot side of the nav light. Thats going to be my plan for this weekend.

Tie into 12v power wherever you can. Just make sure you use an old school compass to test the spot you want to mount it on for magnetic interference - both at rest and when using the TM.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex