Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjoutdoors View Post
    Evergreen Combat Stick

These things must fish a lot better than they feel. Picked one up on the shelf with full intentions of buying it, but it weighed a ton and felt like a noodle. The closest thing I've ever felt to it is one of the older yellow glass Skeet Reese cranking rods. I can find those for $50 pretty much all the time, so sat it back down and carried on.

I've handled other pure glass rods that are a lot more confidence inspiring if that's the action that works, but for me day in and day out a composite stick does the job much better. The rod I specifically throw chatterbaits on most is a now-discontinued Lucky Craft fat mini magic, though I've also thrown them on a Powell Endurance 705 CB and 755 CB with good results (had the latter and broke it, got the former as my replacement to have something better for target casting). If I ever find the time to get it built, I've got a RodGeeks glass composite blank sitting that I'm planning to try for chatterbaits this year. Just my opinion, of course.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Your spinnerbait rod.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by gear junkie View Post
    Megabass Valkyrie 71 mh
    That is a great chatter bait/spinner bait rod. Also love throwing a Vixen on it too.

There are so many really good ones out there these days. St. Croix Legend Tournament Spinnerbait Sweeper is another that I really like. There is a new Daiwa Rebellion 6'10"MHRB that I think will be very popular for target casting chatter baits and spinner baits. I have an older Daiwa Steez 67MH that I like a lot for target casting too.

4. Member
    Powell endurance 733CEF. Great all around rod but awesome with chatterbaits!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123