Thumbs Up Ghost matches new boat perfectly

Rigging the new Triton, but man this Ghost matches up perfectly!!

0B52132C-C009-4763-A571-16D675E1A213.jpeg

8E6864D7-0AAE-4C9D-B3D9-7EE6BF90F80B.jpeg

2. Member
    Did you use any of the shims in mounting the bracket to the boat? If so what was placement of shims.

3. Member
    Can the head be stowed pointing to starboard side ?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post

No, you cannot move the head any other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Did you use any of the shims in mounting the bracket to the boat? If so what was placement of shims.
    We didn’t have to, but one must seat and torque all contact points evenly so that operation and deployment works as needed. Obviously I’ve got to test it but I think we have everything as needed.

The head doesn’t move and is stationary which is what I feel as a great advancement and one of many reasons I absolutely favor this TM. No more crazy coiled up wires.

The foot can be brought up left or right depending on position coming up out of water as this is another awesome feature. It automatically adjust itself for coming back up to the collapsed position and no more worries on having to turn the pedal to line this up when retracting.

7. Member
    Is it the angle of the pic or would I be smacking my head into the head of the motor when it's stowed?

Quote Originally Posted by JTN View Post
    Is it the angle of the pic or would I be smacking my head into the head of the motor when it's stowed?
    Picture is a bit deceiving as I took it holding phone/camera inside the boat shooting away. That makes it appear to stick out far from actual...

Ill have a full write up coming later on everything once we complete the boat and I pick it up. Lots of pics will be added.

9. Member
    Dealer mounted mine on my new boat couple days ago, no workie, he said it would power up but do nothing, Lowrance is sending him a new unit, sure hope it gets here quick, I have a tourney next week and my boat is not even broke in yet.

10. Member
    Dealer mounted mine on my new boat couple days ago, no workie, he said it would power up but do nothing, Lowrance is sending him a new unit, sure hope it gets here quick, I have a tourney next week and my boat is not even broke in yet.
    Trolling motor has to be deployed to work. Hopefully your dealer knows this.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Trolling motor has to be deployed to work. Hopefully your dealer knows this.
    I was thinking about asking him this but since he has installed hundreds of Ultrex motors I figured he knew this, plus he called Lowrance to try and diagnose the problem, I will call Tuesday to see what the status is, will ask him then, sure hope that is not the problem, would be embarrassing for him.

12. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    We have installed more than 30 of them so far and have zero out of the box failures. The only issue we have seen so far is the gas spring is a bit strong and will not let the motor fully deploy and click in. It is easy to press down the last 1/2" to get it to click in however. I know that is being worked on now and we should have a resolution shortly.

Otherwise...super strong, super quiet, and when the public software gets released for integration with the Lives, Carbons, and Ti2, it will be awesome. The hold up on that isn't the trolling motor part, they are trying to fix a few other issues that are not related to the Ghost with the new software. should be very soon...

R
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com