Mercury pro xs v8 decal color change info

Hey I want to match my deals on my 2019 pro xs v8 to my boat color. Where are y’all getting your decals and is there any videos of any one doing it. Or should I look to have some one who does wraps do it. I don’t want to take the factory decals off and put crap decals on that will fade/peel off. I’m sure this isn’t the only thread. Please forward me to some info or something please
    2005 Champion 198 SC
    2022 Yamaha sho 225hp

2. Member
    Was thinking why would anyone want to remove new decals only to replace them? But looking at yours...that looks awesome!

3. Member
    Here is an overview of the project if anyone is interested.

Items I used, Hair dryer (did not have a heat gun) bottle of Goo Gone, Blue painters tape, Scissors, several clean rags, 70% isopropyl Alcohol ( that’s what I had )
    VViViD 3M detailer car wrap tool kit basic kit $10.97 on Amazon. Spray bottle with water and 2 drops of dish soap.

I did 1 side at a time, so I had a good point of reference. Use the yellow hard edge tool to help get the sticker started for removal. If it’s hard to get started briefly only warm up the edge with a hair dryer. The long ones on the side of the motor came off very easy and left very little sticky behind. The larger PRO XS sticker was much more difficult to remove. If you need to briefly heat up the sticker edge and use the yellow tool to start the edge of the sticker it’s process of not to hot that it just stretches, and not cold where the sticker starts to break. This took the most time. The sticker left a lot of sticky behind. I used the GOO Gone with a rag and let it sit on for five minutes. I used the yellow tool here again to scrape the oily Goo gone and sticker stuff for removal. I would use more Goo gone on a rag to to clean up the rest.
    Once the sticky stuff was gone, I used the Alcohol and a clean rag to clean the surface for the sticker. For the sticker placement leave all the paper backing and clear sticker covering on the sticker.
    Use a strip of the blue painters tape over the top of the clear sticker some where in the middle to keep the sticker in place where you want it. Peel one side of the paper backing up to the tape and cut the paper with scissors up to the tape. Its ok to hold on to the clear part, but do not touch the sticker part itself. Spray the soapy water on the motor area, lightly and on the back of the sticker and use the other blue tool that came in your kit from amazon to work the sicker down. Go slow and use the tool to remove any air bubbles that are form. Once it is layed down you can now use the blue tool to work any air bubbles out to an edge. This process will push the air and any water out. Work from the inside out. Take your time you can get all the air bubbles out. Now remove the blue tape from the center and do the other side of the sticker. Once you think you have removed all the air bubbles (usually only a couple small ones to deal with ) remove the clear film slowly pulling back almost on its self leaving the actual sticker behind. If you see any air bubbles that you may have not seen before place a piece of the clear backing back on the sticker and use your tool to get the air bubble out.
    I used this process for all 12 stickers. To remove the badges use the hair dryer to heat them up and use the yellow tool to help lift them us and just peel them off by warming them up. Use the yellow tool and goo gone to scrape the foam adhesive off. I have never done this before and I pulled much of this from research. I am only sharing the process I used and can not guarantee it’s the best way to tackle the project. I am very happy with the way it turned out.
    The project took me about 5 1/2 hours.

Nice write up. Just make sure if possible to use a micro fiber rag. This will insure to keep the possibility of scratching the black to a minimum.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    garzon studio.. I came up with the design, and had them do the artwork and print them out to mimic the new pro xs but on my etec. They have everything figured out and ready to go on the new Pro XS
    20200213_143150.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    garzon studio.. I came up with the design, and had them do the artwork and print them out to mimic the new pro xs but on my etec. They have everything figured out and ready to go on the new Pro XS
    20200213_143150.jpg
    Looks great!

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

7. Member
    Looks good!

20200213_143150.jpg
    Thats sharp!
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

That looks great. I like the motor color matched to the boat. Its a nice touch to me.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

10. BBC SPONSOR / Moderator igs65's Avatar
    20200213_143150.jpg
    nice!

11. Member
    I had Iguana Grafix do mine they came out very nice. I will try and post some pic but I am not that good at it. LOL

12. Member
    Appears mercury has sent cease and desist letters to all of the aftermarket decal manufacturers. At the next expo, I’m going to give them hell.