Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Having owned 2 Gambler 2100s and a Sterling, let's see the quality of the new ones before judging the price tag.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Having owned 2 Gambler 2100s and a Sterling, let's see the quality of the new ones before judging the price tag.
    exactly. You get what you pay for. $60k for a hand built piece of art... no issues

3. Member
    Agreed ive had one and a sterling. Both in a league of there own.

Quote Originally Posted by jm817782 View Post
    exactly. You get what you pay for. $60k for a hand built piece of art... no issues
    60k? Where? The least expensive one is over 80k and topping out at over 115k... and that's with only a 250 on it. You can get a brand new allison for less and have almost 2x the fuel efficiency. These prices are ridiculous.
    Last edited by maxx power; 02-18-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    1997 gambler intimidator

5. Member
    Not wishing any negativity on the new owners, but the saying goes, "you can shear a sheep many times, but only slaughter it once!"

I guess my 2010 Sterling will be my last, priced me right out of ever buying a new one.
    When the time comes I guess a re-power will have to do.

6. Member
    I see the bare 21 footer at 76 . Go price a 21 foot Ranger and see how much it is. The 18 and 19's go for upper 40's to 60's and aluminums run in the 30's. If I had the money I wouldn't think twice about getting a new Gambler.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx power View Post
    60k? Where? The least expensive on is over 80k and topping out at over 115k... and that's with only a 250 on it. Yo can get a brand new allison for less and have almost 2x the fuel efficiency. These prices are ridiculous.
    For the hull, interior etc. Guy above said the electronics, engine, poles etc were $50.

Only reason I ever let go of my 2100 was to upgrade to a Sterling...
    still miss my 2100 sometimes , but my dad has it now...
    now I have zero intentions of letting my Sterling Go... simply repowered and upgraded electronics and poles...

all I will ever need...
    even if I had a money tree, I wouldn’t sell or buy a new one...
    ALL boats are over priced now...
    Sterlings and Gamblers SHOULD cost 10-25% more than a top of line cookie cutter of same size...
    there is NO comparison to the construction or design...and they hold value better than most boats...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx power View Post
    60k? Where? The least expensive on is over 80k and topping out at over 115k... and that's with only a 250 on it. Yo can get a brand new allison for less and have almost 2x the fuel efficiency. These prices are ridiculous.

2X the fuel efficency with the same engine is because the Allison only weighs in at about 800 lbs. and Sterling at close to 1900 you get what you pay for Allison has a metal plate bolted to the bottom to come out of hole. I may be wrong but I don't think Allison even has a boat rated for 250 HP nor can you fish sanctioned tournaments if over powered with 250 due to HP rating of only 225

I've owned 8 Skeeters and and 2 sorry Rangers (horrible boats) 5 Gamblers and 3 Sterlings in that order and only reason I haven't got a new one is I'm not sure of new manufacture I would have to see one in person. When my boat pulls on the ramp the "Ranger Boys" leave their boat to come and look at my Gamblers/Sterlings and no one ever looked at my Rangers. Blue Steel is right I'd have to see one built by new owner first. Over priced! "what isn't"
    Last edited by IndianaGambler; 02-17-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Allison's XB21 weighs bout 1400 lbs and many are sold with the 300r....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaGambler View Post
    2X the fuel efficency with the same engine is because the Allison only weighs in at about 800 lbs. and Sterling at close to 1900 you get what you pay for Allison has a metal plate bolted to the bottom to come out of hole. I may be wrong but I don't think Allison even has a boat rated for 250 HP nor can you fish sanctioned tournaments if over powered with 250 due to HP rating of only 225

I've owned 8 Skeeters and and 2 sorry Rangers (horrible boats) 5 Gamblers and 3 Sterlings in that order and only reason I haven't got a new one is I'm not sure of new manufacture I would have to see one in person. When my boat pulls on the ramp the "Ranger Boys" leave their boat to come and look at my Gamblers/Sterlings and no one ever looked at my Rangers. Blue Steel is right I'd have to see one built by new owner first. Over priced! "what isn't"
    Somebody’s not educated on the Ally’s. The Sterling is still probably the most gorgeous bass boat out there though.

12. Member
    IndianaGambler that is a lot of boats. Which 1 did you like the most?

13. Finally over 80
    At my age I will keep my Sterling. Will spend money to keep it looking awesome. Unless?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Allison's XB21 weighs bout 1400 lbs and many are sold with the 300r....
    That's true. But what does the rating plate say? They have had many problems with this issue of the boat rating and horsepower for Bass tournament rules.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler69 View Post
    That's true. But what does the rating plate say? They have had many problems with this issue of the boat rating and horsepower for Bass tournament rules.
    None of the big tournaments I know of allow anything over 250hp and I thought anything 20 feet and over was considered unlimited horsepower correct?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by #1MagicStick View Post
    None of the big tournaments I know of allow anything over 250hp and I thought anything 20 feet and over was considered unlimited horsepower correct?
    Just for some clarification boats over 20' donot have to have the HP or max capacity label on the boat. Which is different from the Max HP recommendation from the manufacturer. Simply put the liability.

17. Member
    Reply to above post by Gamblerman65
    The 209 was the best boat in my opinion it came out of hole without having trim tabs and ran better in rough water. much better than my Sterlings. In my opinion when they did the Nils notches thing to the rear of boat and they cut away the bottom of boat at the rear to gain 1-2 MPH in 2000 the boat would not come on plane without passenger moving to front deck and also never handled rough water as well. The model 209 which was 20' 9" was then called 2100 and was only 20' 7" Their answer was to install outside mounted trim tabs to correct the problem. they looked so ugly I just order a 2001 with inside mounted trim tabs even though 2000 was only 4 months old. My opinion is under cutting the bottom hull to where you can't hardly reach the boat drain plug and trim tabs that require replacing occasional actuators was the biggest mistake made to the greatest and sharpest boat on the water. I still prefer the Sterling as it is best coolest looking boat on the water. I constantly have other competitors at weigh in coming to look at my 2012 Sterling while ignoring newer model boats.
    I was on a 3 way call last night and listened to the new owner Scotty G talk for over an hour about what is going on at this moment with new issues being addressed on the boat and I was truly impressed with what he is doing and I honestly believe Gambler will be back stronger than ever under this mans ownership of a boat that was once the greatest boat on the water and ignored for higher profit salt water boats he was also making.
    I owned 2010, 2011, and 2012 Sterlings that the only changes made in those 3 years was the color and motors and I don't think he ever made any changes after that. I'm pretty excited about what the new owner will be doing to bring this boat back to its rightful position as the premier boat on the water.
    Last edited by IndianaGambler; 02-19-2020 at 12:04 PM.

18. Member
    Thanks for the post. I have owned 3 Gamblers 94 209,06 Intimidator, and current 03 2200 of which the 209 was the best by far. Wish I still had it..

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfman051 View Post
    I have no business owning the one I have now.....Used in twice in 2019, put 3 hours on it.
    Almost an hour of that I was behind the wheel at that, I hope your doing better and are able to make the spring rally with Sam providing the entertainment.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Not wishing any negativity on the new owners, but the saying goes, "you can shear a sheep many times, but only slaughter it once!"

I guess my 2010 Sterling will be my last, priced me right out of ever buying a new one.
    When the time comes I guess a re-power will have to do.
    In 2010 we were all saying the same thing.
    In 2000 a 2100 Dale Earnhardt edition was $55k and again everyone thought that was too much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast