461VS recessed foot pedal tray

New to the forum. I would like to add a recessed foot pedal tray to a 96 461VS I recently picked up. Looking for some feedback from folks that have tackled the project. It looks like I need about 18 1/2" of floor space for a Ultrex friendly tray, from pretty much all the manufacturers. With a 1/4" offset to the bow panel, my measurements put me very close to cutting into the first storage compartment.

For those of you that have done this. Do you end up cutting into the front compartment? What tray did you use?

Thank you in advance.

2. Member
    I used a Troll-Well brand on my 482vs ( becausethey color match the flake) and it did not cut into front compartment b ut n ot now sure of ifit wasbig enough for Ultex

3. Member
    I've done it and yes it cuts into the storage compartment. Its not a big deal. Just seal the foam good. I coat it with silicone and also silicone the seal between the tray and deck. It totally water tight. I run a small piece of tubing from the new tray through the compartment on the floor of the compartment to the front where the drain is.

4. Scraps
    I used the metal tray on a 1998 and don't think I got into the front compartment. Even if you did - i's worth it. I made a template out of 1/4in plywood. Laid it in place and plunge cut the opening with a circular saw and finished the corners off with a sawzall. Was easy that way. I also laid the top flange of the tray in a bead of silicone.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    I just put in a comfortroll deluxe in a 98 461vs. Didn’t hit the compartment. It’s as far forward as it can go and works wonders on my back!
    \" If you ain\'t first, you\'re last!\"

6. Member
    discloco
    we have a 96 461 vs. is this the tray you installed? looking at putting this one in. thanks.
    tray D-Lux.jpg