Transducer mounting location

My transducer does not read depth at all on plane at any speed. Is there a better place to mount it to get a better 2d reading, at least going 30-40mph not full speed? I added some pictures of my current positioning. Thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I’m on mobile so hard to tell, but looks like you put it literally dead center of the transom... so yeah that won’t work, it’s basically right in front of the prop which will create all kind of noise.

most of the time the transducers are mounted about 3/4 of the way across the transom, on the drivers side. Gets the transducer out of the prop wash and more or less right behind your head. But I’d do a google and see if you can find manufacturer recommendations. Generally though... yeah, anywhere but where it is
    2020 Triton TRX189 B B W
    Mercury ProXS 150 I B O
    Garmin EchoMAP Plus (2x) G A L
    Toyota 4Runner D F

3. Member
    You don't want it to - you want it up and out of the water when you're on plane. That way you don't damage or snap it off. You should install a "Y" cable and shoot thru transducer to read bottom while on plane.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCASTER! View Post
    You don't want it to - you want it up and out of the water when you're on plane. That way you don't damage or snap it off. You should install a "Y" cable and shoot thru transducer to read bottom while on plane.
    +1. I had the dealer out a shoot thru hull ducer on my boat and it works well at any speed. Then mount the expensive imagining transducer up high so it only works at idle speeds. Thats how i setup this boat and my old boat. I see you have a jack plate. I mounted mine underneath and it works well and keeps it safe.
    E32B48DF-170F-447D-B43D-FD6B369B46CF.jpeg
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    Thanks all. I'll work on getting the shoot thru to work.