God promises healing

God did not allow David to build the Temple. His son Solomon would get that honor. David did many things to prepare for the building of the Temple like gathering building materials and the writing of this Psalm. God denied David one honor but gave him one of far greater value--the Messiah would be born of David's line. The modern Temple of the Holy Spirit is in each believer's heart. God is the architect of that Temple.

Psalm 30:1-5

Thanksgiving for Deliverance from Death.A Psalm; a Song at the Dedication of the Temple. A Psalm of David.

1I will extol You, O LORD, for You have +lifted+ me up,
    And have not let my enemies rejoice over me.
    2O LORD my God, I cried to You for help, and You +healed+ me.
    3O LORD, You have +brought+ up my soul from the grave;
    You +spared+ me from going down to the pit.
    4Sing praise to the LORD, you His godly ones,
    And give thanks to His holy name.
    5For His anger is but for a +moment+,
    His favor is for a lifetime;
    Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning

++--Cross words. Point to Christ and His sacrificial death. Healed by Christ's blood. (Is 53) (my emphasis)

v.1 David's (our) enemies--sin, death, devil, hell. Spiritual enemies.
    v.2 Spiritual healing. Cleansed in God's sight.
    v.3 Describes divine synergism or divine monergysm?
    v.4 Our response.
    v.5 Christ bore our sin in that 'moment', the cross. Rejoice in heaven eternally ('lifetime').

Theme: God's gift of healing extends to all souls. This makes it possible to spend eternity in heaven.

Last edited by msethsmile; 02-06-2020 at 09:23 AM.

2. Member
    Thank you..

3. Member
    Many kings get pompous. David knew who he was--a sinner and a child of God. David knew where to find healing. "For I know my transgressions and my sin is always before me...Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Ps 51

--"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Ps 51 We are all beggars. We have spiritual leprosy. Christ, the great physician, touches our uncleanliness and becomes unclean Himself. We are healed. We go from being beggars/leprous to being royalty in God's mansion (heaven). Thanks be to God.
    Last edited by msethsmile; 02-07-2020 at 09:11 AM.

4. Member
    Praise God for His love, His mercy, and His grace.

5. Member
    Lam 3:21-26
    21This I recall to my mind,
    Therefore I have hope.
    The LORD’S loving kindnesses indeed never cease,
    For His compassions never fail.
    23They are new every morning;
    Great is Your faithfulness.

“The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
    “Therefore I have hope in Him.”

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
    To the person who seeks Him.

It is good to wait silently
    For the salvation of the LORD.

---His compassions are new every morning, just like manna in the desert. They will certainly never cease until we reach the promised land (heaven).
    Last edited by msethsmile; 02-08-2020 at 09:44 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    Praise God for His love, His mercy, and His grace.
    Amen and Amen.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
    God did not allow David to build the Temple. His son Solomon would get that honor. David did many things to prepare for the building of the Temple like gathering building materials and the writing of this Psalm. God denied David one honor but gave him one of far greater value--the Messiah would be born of David's line. The modern Temple of the Holy Spirit is in each believer's heart. God is the architect of that Temple.

Psalm 30:1-5

Thanksgiving for Deliverance from Death.A Psalm; a Song at the Dedication of the Temple. A Psalm of David.

1I will extol You, O LORD, for You have +lifted+ me up,
    And have not let my enemies rejoice over me.
    2O LORD my God, I cried to You for help, and You +healed+ me.
    3O LORD, You have +brought+ up my soul from the grave;
    You +spared+ me from going down to the pit.
    4Sing praise to the LORD, you His godly ones,
    And give thanks to His holy name.
    5For His anger is but for a +moment+,
    His favor is for a lifetime;
    Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning

++--Cross words. Point to Christ and His sacrificial death. Healed by Christ's blood. (Is 53) (my emphasis)

v.1 David's (our) enemies--sin, death, devil, hell. Spiritual enemies.
    v.2 Spiritual healing. Cleansed in God's sight.
    v.3 Describes divine synergism or divine monergysm?
    v.4 Our response.
    v.5 Christ bore our sin in that 'moment', the cross. Rejoice in heaven eternally ('lifetime').

Theme: God's gift of healing extends to all souls. This makes it possible to spend eternity in heaven.

Though it leaves one to wonder what the ground that supped up Uriah the Hittite's blood would cry out, or the ground of them whose blood was supped up in building the glories the Preacher built in his "great wisdom", spoken by the elders onto his son Rehoboam, who in his foolishness he rejected them.
    Blessed be Abraham, who by his faith and his works, GOD called him his friend, which is an honor never bestowed upon another. Amen

8. Member
    Abraham, like David, was a flawed human. Abraham lied twice about Sarah being his sister (not being his wife). He did not trust in God's promise of a son (or grew impatient) and knocked up Hagar (not his wife). In doing so, he doubted God's promise, "All nations shall be blessed through you." (THE promise, the Messiah would be born of Abraham's line) Thru all this, God stood by His promises.

The lesson is that God chose imperfect humans to be His instruments (what else did He have to work with?--'all have sinned'). Fast forward several thousand years. God chooses us--imperfect--to be His instruments. That's because we're better than Abraham and David, right? Paul, who wrote a good chunk of the NT, called himself 'chief of sinners'. The point is Abraham, David, Paul and us are all chosen out of grace. We are not worthy to proclaim God's word--yet, thru Christ, we're called to do exactly that. Praise be to God. God's perfect word is carried in imperfect vessels. The dirty little secret is we all are murderers--just like David. We all are adulterers--just like Abraham and David. (Matt 5:21-30)

"Well, at least I'm better than ______________." The moment I think that, I'm in danger of the fires of hell. Flee to the cross. God promises healing to Abraham, David, Paul, and even to us. Done deal. Not only are we healed, God entrusts us to carry His word!
    Last edited by msethsmile; 02-14-2020 at 10:20 AM.

9. Member
    Was not Sarai (Sarah) Abram's ( Abraham) half sister?? ( Same father but of different mother, and by custom they were allowed to be married)
    In her foolishness, did not Sarah demand of Abraham to go into her handmaid Hagar, so that when she conceived would deliver the child upon her knee, hence the child ( Ishmael) would be technically Sarah due to the laws and customs of the times. Yet later in anger, Sarah despised Hagar and basically sending her and Ishmael into the wilderness to die, where in His great mercy GOD heard the cries of innocent blood and sent His angel to save them and make His covenant onto Ishmael in being a great nation.

Jesus said on to a certain ruler who called him Good Master, " Why callest thou me good? there is none that is good, save one, that is GOD". (No one except GOD is good, hence Jesus is good, therefore, He is GOD in human form)

10. Member
    Abraham twice misrepresented Sarah as not being his wife. (Gen 20:4-5) A lie or half lie. That's why the rulers Pharaoh and Abimelech feared God's retribution and pleaded their case--they were lied to. Both booted Abraham out.

Sarah was a sinner like the rest of us. Yes, she demanded Abraham go to Hagar--but Abraham was the spiritual head of the household and the blame falls to him.

When Adam and Eve first sinned, who was first held accountable (questioned)?--it was Adam, the spiritual head of the household. Eve usurped Adam's position when she took the fruit--with Adam standing right there. Satan told them a half truth, "You will be like God, knowing good and evil." Satan forgot to mention the other half--you will die. Same for Sarah. She usurped Abraham's God given position. Abraham was held accountable. Both showed a lack of trust in God's promise.

God provided healing (as per the thread) for Abraham and Sarah. "By his stripes we are healed." Is 53. Abraham eventually "rejoiced at the thought of seeing my (Christ's) day; he saw it and was glad." Jn8:56. To Abraham, healing his sins was a done deal.
    Last edited by msethsmile; 02-14-2020 at 04:44 PM.

11. Member
    Adam's questioning being first by GOD could support Adam being there, yet acting like a knucklehead and not slapping the fruit out of her hand. When the "serpent" posed the question to Eve, in his subtlety, he noticed that she added (neither shall ye touch it) to what GOD had said, so he can easily prove otherwise by enticing her to pick of the fruit yet removing the possibility of death in the physical sense. I have heard many times said that the serpent gave her the fruit, but in my limited opinion, she pick it off the tree.

Being half brother and sister, we can only speculate to their personal interactions, though she did address him as lord (sir, can't get the wife to do that?) and GOD addressed all things with Abraham.
    Abraham was a man, for even the best man is but a man at best, and Sarah gave him the green light to have sexual relation with Hagar, who I am sure was young and sensuous, until she conceived. Keep in mind, that after Sarah died, Abraham remarried and had many more children, so unlike today men's bodies ( I have heard of low testosterone in 40 yrs olds) he was very active well into his 100s. This goes to show you the mess we have made of everything GOD created.