Thread: Edge rods

Edge rods

Anybody have any expeirence with edge rods?

2. Member
    Great rods horrible service- Read their reviews and BBB rating of F. They dont answer phones or return emails and to many folks have to file claims to get their money returned.
    I would never order another rod from them BUT if I happen to be at a show and they were available.......
    ​WHY ASK WHY?

3. Member
    I had heard they had bad customer service. That sucks id like to try them out but dont really want to deal with that

4. Member
    There are so many good rod companies out there today that I see no reason to buy from one with long lead times and no customer service.

5. Member
    I was one of those with a terrible experience. Ordered a rod and heard nothing for 2 months. Tried calling and emailing multiplr times with nothing. Finally got on their facebook posts asking what the deal was and they tried to make me out to be the bad guy. They may have an awesome product but id never buy anything of theirs. I finally got my money back from them. There are a lot of stories out there like mine
    They aint got hands, set the hook

6. Member
    you would be better off buying the blank and materials and building your own. The wait is ridiculously long, customer service is as poor as it gets, and if you have a warranty issue...good luck. Avoid them like the plague.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    you would be better off buying the blank and materials and building your own. The wait is ridiculously long, customer service is as poor as it gets, and if you have a warranty issue...good luck. Avoid them like the plague.
    Their customer service/delivery times aren't any better with their blanks

8. Member
    even when ordering a blank there’s a good chance it’ll take months to get shipped and you’re not guaranteed you’ll even get what you ordered. Then there’s a good chance you’ll the rod you do get has defects.

if you want a Loomis designed blank, just order from Kislter, they use NFC blanks.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    even when ordering a blank there’s a good chance it’ll take months to get shipped and you’re not guaranteed you’ll even get what you ordered. Then there’s a good chance you’ll the rod you do get has defects.

if you want a Loomis designed blank, just order from Kislter, they use NFC blanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Their customer service/delivery times aren't any better with their blanks
    I wasn't referring to edge blanks. I was referring to ordering an NFC blank.

10. Member
    [QUOTE=iabass8;10842922]I wasn't referring to edge blanks. I was referring to ordering an NFC blank.[/QUOTE

NFC-Edge
    Same company -same terrible service
    ​WHY ASK WHY?

11. Member
    [QUOTE=1nutinthewater;10843808]
    I wasn't referring to edge blanks. I was referring to ordering an NFC blank.[/QUOTE

NFC-Edge
    Same company -same terrible service
    you can order NFC blanks from other vendors.....been that way for years

12. Member
    So im going to stay away from the company.

sucks. I wouldve liked to try them

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachc24 View Post
    So im going to stay away from the company.

sucks. I wouldve liked to try them
    Buy a Kistler... all he uses is NFC blanks

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

14. Member
    Got a couple kistlers. Theyre great. I was just hoping that the edges would work out. They look awesome and i was curious about the carbon fiber handle. And the reviews i read on the rods were mostly solid but the company is no good.

kind of a bummer

Any custom shop can do the carbon fiber handles. They are pretty nice and offer a much different feel.

16. Member
    I have a few Edge rods, all with their black widow handles. I think they are probably one of the best rods I have fished. However, I would never recommend anyone buy them. I had the same run around poor customer service that is mentioned in every review. Thankfully they are within driving distance if I ever have a warranty issue come up.

I have and have had several of the Black Widow rods. It's a shame about their customer service, fortunately, I've never had any warranty related issues with any of my rods, been pleased with all of them. I treat my gear with kid gloves so hopefully I'll never have to deal with a warranty issue. I will admit to having had the run around from when I ordered a rod directly from them via their website, all other rods have either been from online retailers with stock on hand or from the used market.