Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar

Good read here and a write up about my friends at Hydro Tec

LeaLea

BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Im not brand loyal when it comes to outboards, but how does the author of this article deduce yamahas are not performance outboards? I have read that hydotec can turn these motor up to 7500 rpm's, not sure i have heard of a competitor motor turning those numbers with a stock motor...

4. Member
    Have bought my last 2 Yamahas from them and will buy my next one too! Great guys and the experts on Yamahas!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullins057 View Post
    Im not brand loyal when it comes to outboards, but how does the author of this article deduce yamahas are not performance outboards? I have read that hydotec can turn these motor up to 7500 rpm's, not sure i have heard of a competitor motor turning those numbers with a stock motor...
    He admits in the article that he is "a Mercury guy, through and through....", so he it's just his biased opinion.
    2014 920/SHO

My last 2, and current motor were done by HydroTec. The current one, 225 OX66 Phase 2, has less than 90 hours on it, runs like 250xs MERC, and much more reliable IMO. “I am biased though, having owned OX66 EFIs for 8 years”