HDS12 Gen3 flicking/glitching issue, HELP!

I’m not sure how to explain this but here is the best I can. I’ve had an HDS9 gen3 at the console and HDS9 gen2 at the bow for a couple of years now with no issues. Recently I changed out the gen3 to an HDS12 gen3. It works fine until I turn on my bow unit. When they are both powered on, the HDS12 “glitches and flickers” the entire time. It happens on chart, sonar, and down/side scan. As soon as the bow unit is off, the HDS12 has no issues. Here is what I’ve tried so far. I’m a novice at all of this electrical mess, but I’m about ready to trade for the HDS9 back!

1) I’ve swapped locations of the graphs and still get the same issue.
    2) checked all connections at the battery, disconnected, reconnected, even installed a couple new clips on the wires.

my battery is a Duracell, AGM size 31. Thanks Coach

2. Member
    Try the 12 without any memorycards or networkcables in it.

3. Member
    I’ve had 2 messages on another board saying the HDS12 isn’t getting enough power, and to run independent wires 10 or 12 gauge just for the unit. What else do I need to know? Fuse? Coach

4. Member
    Always fuse any electronics and there was one in the box. Lost it? Lowrance has them as well as most retailers that carry electronics. SOP

5. Member
    You can easily check what voltage the unit is getting, just add voltage as a screen overlay on your units. Anything less then 12,3V (without the engine running) points to an electrical problem.

6. Member
    Check that they are running the same software versions too.

7. Member
    Sounds like a low voltage issue