BoatMate Trailer Warranty

Have any of you ever dealt with Boatmate regarding their warranty? I recently (November 2019) purchased a 2016 Bullet XRS and it came with a painted Boatmate trailer. I applied for my tag today and looked some information up on the Boatmate website and noticed that this trailer has/had a 5 year warranty. I went back later and read the warranty details and it looks like it only applies to the original owner.

The reason that I am asking is, the trailer brakes do not work on this trailer. it just clinks when you take off and start braking. I am not sure if it is just an actuator problem or not yet, but will look into it this weekend.

I just wanted to see if any of you had dealt with them and would know if it is worth looking into or if I should just fix it.

Thanks,
    Brad

2. Member
    I’ve dealt with hub & bearing warranty on my previous boatmate. You are going to have to deal directly with UFP the manufacturer of the hubs, brakes & couplers. Their contact info is on their website. They will send you parts directly but any labor will have to be handled by an authorized dealer. It sounds like your problem might just be that the brakes weren’t bled properly. My current 2016 boatmate brakes werent working when I got it. I just got a friend to help me bleed em. It was pretty simple.
    Last edited by rocketmanjp; 02-05-2020 at 06:47 PM. Reason: added info
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

3. Member
    Thanks Rocketman,

Hopefully, that will be my problem. It was this way when I bought the boat, so maybe that is all that it is.

4. Member
    I have a 2016 trailer for my Bullet, I've had a couple of warranty claims, once I got in touch with them, it was handled great, but rust is not covered

5. Member
    I am sure you have already done this but, make sure it has fluid in the reservoir. Don't get hydraulic fluid on the paint. It will eat the paint off before you can do anything about it.
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

^^ this is why I flush my system and refill with DOT 5
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    I think a flush and refill will be my first step in trying to get it working again. What is the best way to flush one?

Crack the bleeder’s actuate with the tongue ....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com