Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger195 View Post
    dk239, Would you mind either message me or f your willing to let me know what your paying for your repower? more importantly the rigging cost.
    Message sent
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    Repowered this summer with a G2 and love it. Simple install on boat and with electronics.
    FTMS, what prop are you running on your 521? I pulled the trigger and told them ill take it this morning so im going to be an Evinrude owner now. Also what kind of speed are you getting on your 521

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger195 View Post
    Huey, Thanks for your response, there telling me 5k for rigging based on another repower they did on a triton. Heres what i have and id like your opinion. The wiring harness was cut off at the engine by vandals so no connectors as well as no main key pad at the console. Its a ranger and it had what the shops call a pork chop key pad which i do not want to go with due to issues they have had over the years. So i plan to just have a key to start it. The dealer told me i could remove all the wiring that used to go to the old motor as it wont be needed for the G2. He also said i wouldnt need any of my gauges. So i guess my question is why are they quoting so much for the install if its as easy as you say below? Will they have any issues say hooking up the trim switch at the bow to the new motor? When you buy a new G2 what all does it usually come with? They showed me a box full of parts that needed to be installed and i was assuming that it was a complicated process based on the 5K rigging charge

Rigging a G2 is about as simple as it gets vs other brands, you have two cables (private and public network) going into the engine plus battery leads, hyd hoses and fuel line(making sure it also is not 17 years old and is 3/8 diameter). The screen is fine at 4.3 in my opinion and it is also very easy to add a drop cable from the NMEA-2000 network to link to a MFD for a bigger screen.

I have no idea why anyone would charge what they choose to charge for doing any work. My guess would be that would include labour, the premium rigging kit and 4.3 inch gauge but the only person who could answer you question as to why they are charging what they are is the person doing the work. Here in Australia, we get everything rigging wise included in the engine box. In the US the dealer only gets the engine and then there are different kits depending on the style of boat and budget the customer wants to spend. As I mentioned they are the easiest to rig in my opinion and I have rigged all brands over the many years doing this. I am guess once again the box they showed you may have been P/N 0768750 which is the control head and the 5 harnesses to get a G2 going. Again very simple.

So I picked up my boat yesterday, 2009 Stratos 201XLE. Repowered with G2 250 HO. Just wanted to get a little seat time to get use to the new throttle and check everything out. The first thing that I noticed was how quietly it does into gear, throttle will be fine with more seat time. The holeshot is tremendous, hardly any bow rise at all. Didn't try any WOT runs but it went from 0 to 67 quickly. Want to give a shout out to Glen Bailey for fine tuning the rigging and setup!!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Glen is good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Glen is good dude.
    Absolutely!!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE

7. Member
    I wouldnt worry on the breakdown of rigging and motor. I would look at the total out thedoor costs and do you think its fair. How does it compare to a new merc

8. Member
    Definitely G2 .

Quote Originally Posted by Justfishing View Post
    I wouldnt worry on the breakdown of rigging and motor. I would look at the total out thedoor costs and do you think its fair. How does it compare to a new merc
    The rigging can add a substantial amount to the overall cost, depending on how you want it rigged!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE

I have the 7” icon cts and all the premium controls, all the gauges are on my icon screen plus 3 temp readings and oil tank level. Even the water pressure sensor is seperate when you go this route. With all the sensors, foot throttle, premium control head and 7” icon plus labor was under $5000- and i got the 10yr warranty. Cant say enough good about the g2

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12