Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed R View Post
    jb, ordered mine from Anchor on 2/12. Prop arrived yesterday 2/21. Anchor did notify me by email when it shipped.
    Nice! I ordered on the 14th and it shipped on the 19th. Tracking shows it in my state..:) to bad I still have another month or more before I can use it... Lol

2. Member
    I can confirm that it is not compatible with the current TH marine prop nut. It also hits the base of an XI5 trolling motor if it is clocked where the blade is pointing down. Not enough to prevent use but it does rub.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I can confirm that it is not compatible with the current TH marine prop nut. It also hits the base of an XI5 trolling motor if it is clocked where the blade is pointing down. Not enough to prevent use but it does rub.
    Great info. Thanks for this.

4. mikesxpress
    Prop shipped from Anchor. I'll take some size comparison pics, amp draws, and speed readings, then stuff it in some grass to see what it actually does on my 36VDC Tour. No sticker boat guys will be harmed during the testing...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Just installed mine and mine also contacted the base slightly when pointed down. Shouldn't be a big deal though.

6. mikesxpress
    Unpacked comparison.

[img] https://i.imgur.com/FbLVb7M.jpg[img]
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 02-28-2020 at 09:35 AM.

7. mikesxpress

8. Member
    Got mine from Anchor today. noticed exactly what mikesexpress posted.the wider blade looks inteeresting .Can't wait to hear his thoughts after testing .

9. mikesxpress
    If the wind lays out it will get tested this week. It pretty big when it's mounted but cleared the boat top cap.

10. Member
    Any reviews on the Katana prop?
    1998 Xpress H51, 90hp Yamaha, 6" Vance JP, MotorGuide Xi3, Lowrance Electronics, Micro Power Pole...

11. mikesxpress
    I have ran it for 4 trips now. No weeds to whack yet.
    Ranger Z21 Intracoastal with Mercury 250 V8 trimmed full down the Katana on my Tour 36VDC 109 Tour on max will pull the boat around at 2.8 mph vs the 3 blade Machete at 2.1 mph under the same conditions. The two blade is larger and the speed increase makes sense. The Katana is much quieter than the Machete. I have to do the amp draw testing yet to see if the -30% reduction of power is valid. I like that it's quite. The real test is if it will clear weeds. Going to be a month before I can validate that aspect.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    I have ran it for 4 trips now. No weeds to whack yet.
    Ranger Z21 Intracoastal with Mercury 250 V8 trimmed full down the Katana on my Tour 36VDC 109 Tour on max will pull the boat around at 2.8 mph vs the 3 blade Machete at 2.1 mph under the same conditions. The two blade is larger and the speed increase makes sense. The Katana is much quieter than the Machete. I have to do the amp draw testing yet to see if the -30% reduction of power is valid. I like that it's quite. The real test is if it will clear weeds. Going to be a month before I can validate that aspect.
    2.1 MPH to 2.8 MPH is right about a 30% increase, so it seems the 30% claim is dead on. At least on that test. Even at 20% less power needed to achieve normal trolling speed would mean a couple of extra hours most likely of use. Not sure how much that would affect GPS anchoring. I am sure it would help some, however.

13. mikesxpress
    The thread is for reviews of the Katana prop not a review of my review?

14. Member
    Installed one on 24v tour today. Dissapointed. Quite a lot of contact with motor housing. Gonna stick with my metal prop.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Installed one on 24v tour today. Dissapointed. Quite a lot of contact with motor housing. Gonna stick with my metal prop.

Was it making noise or getting hung up ? just curious if it was rubbing a lot like I am thinking your said it did for you .

16. mikesxpress
    No issues on mine.
    1. Shaft bent?
    2. Corrosion or extra paint inside the prop hub area?

I scoreda pair of these from MG rep at the Classic. I put it on my 2016 model Tour 36v and have run it twice and I really like it. I've not used in in heavy weeds yet but in the use I've given it, I think it's a little stronger than my old prop (a 2 blade glass filled prop). It runs good in my opinion.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

18. Member
    It just rubs the inner rim of the motor....basically an interference fit. It makes a hell of a racket when rotating. No corrosion or extra paint. I don’t believe my propshaft is bent, as none of my other 3 props make any contact with the motor.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

19. mikesxpress
    It just rubs the inner rim of the motor....basically an interference fit. It makes a hell of a racket when rotating. No corrosion or extra paint. I don’t believe my propshaft is bent, as none of my other 3 props make any contact with the motor.
    Need to lightly sand the inside of the housing that's causing the interference till it quits.

20. Banned
    The tight fit is probably what helps it to be better in the weeds. My buddies MG has a 1/4 gap between the prop housing and motor housing, the weeds wrap around and up into that gap on his.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast