Question Boat buckle install

Just order me a set.for my 20xd was wanting to install them in gunale does anyone have a pic or any input.hate to cut my boat but the install looks better in gunale and is a lot drier for compartments

2. Member
    Interested. I have a 20XD and want to do this as well.

Did you order concealed mounting kit?

Crossville isn’t too far from me, if I bought a similar kit we could experiment on my boat first before cutting yours up. Just a thought.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

3. Member
    My fishing partner we just installed them in it this week. there was not enough room to put them in gunale. so we mounted his in floor.was just thinking about floor afraid that would be another place for water could get in lockers

4. Member
    Shoot. Got any pictures?

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

5. Member
    I had them in last two boats mounted in the deck water leaking wasn't an issue they are tighter than the rod locker latches.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

6. Member
    I just measured the gunale 3.5 high it will be real close to fit them in there.want know till tomorrow when they come

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbrownfish62 View Post
    I just measured the gunale 3.5 high it will be real close to fit them in there.want know till tomorrow when they come
    You can trim the bottom of the mounting plate and install them on the gunale of a Bullet, I had to cut about 3/16" off.
    Also, you will need to trash the backplate that covers the ratcheting mechanism, so now the hole in the gunale can be smaller. Mine are installed on the gunale on my XRS.

8. Member
    Buy the conceal kit as well and put them in the gunnel as low as you can get them. The lower they are the better they hold the rods in place. F622EF7B-B326-482E-B388-67C6BA6037C3.jpeg

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    You can trim the bottom of the mounting plate and install them on the gunale of a Bullet, I had to cut about 3/16" off.
    Also, you will need to trash the backplate that covers the ratcheting mechanism, so now the hole in the gunale can be smaller. Mine are installed on the gunale on my XRS.
    you don't have to modify it , it installs from behind through the rod lockers that conceal kit is on the out side you cut a slot for the strap and drill holes for the screw.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

10. Member
    Just installed my boat buckles in gunale. With conceal kit very neat job .only had to cut 3/4 in high 2 1\2 long looks great 60 bucks rods want go anywhere