Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    This is true, but the Lifeline's are definitely a bit on the steep side. Some of them are over a $1000.

2. mikesxpress
    NO inflatables!! Those are the mesh condoms of PFD market. No dark colors. Must have upper body reflectivity.

That PFD is the only thing in your boat to either save your sorry arse, or at least allow the 1st responders to find your floating carcass. Both are primary considerations for your family, not you.

This is the only PFD I would ever wear and that includes the LED sky pen and the PLB. The whistle and another LED flashlight are in the pocket.

The MV5600 SO SAR lift vest is strength-tested to 100 mph, meaning it has been designed, tested, and approved to hold up to rigorous outdoor activities on the water, even in foul weather. A high, neoprene-lined collar minimizes neck mobility for increased impact protection, while the three-belt adjustment system ensures a snug, custom fit. Large cutaway arm holes provide good range of motion, and large front cargo pockets with a fast-tab radio clip are handy for storing essential items. This durable, comfortable vest is recommended for commercial fishing, industrial marine, offshore oil and gas, and military uses.

Features:
    Strength rating of 100 mph
    Two large front cargo pockets with easy-to-use pull tabs for extra storage
    Large cutaway armholes for maximum range of motion
    High collar provides head support
    Three-belt system for a custom fit
    62-square-inch SOLAS reflective tape for high visibility
    Neoprene-lined, fitted collar provides comfort and head support.

3. Member
    Everyone is hyped about the mustangs but personally I prefer Spinlock. I think they look better, they work well, don’t go off in the rain or when you stuff a wave, have higher flotation rating than mustang.

4. Member
    If you want a vest that you will be found in no matter what there’s very few options. For bottom of the barrel the BPS 100mph vest with leg straps, next up from there and what I wear for fishing is the Mustang accel 100 which is also 100mph rated but with no leg straps and better overall construction, after that the MV5600 mentioned above, the other that I own and wear when making high speed runs is Lifeline comp vest.
    The racers use the Lifeline vest and they have saved many lives and reduce injuries due to the ballistic impact panels. If a racer is using safety equipment you can pretty much bet it’s good.
    Inflatables are only for when the trolling motor is down when fishing below dams or solo in the winter in my opinion.
    Lifeline sport vest would be a good all around vest. They have more padding than the Mustang accel 100 but aren’t as bulky as the comp lifeline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12