Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Here's a post I made in a different thread.......

Edit: I see the Triton 19 TXP is rated for 175. That's great and it looks like a fantastic boat. When I talk about HP below I'm talking about the boats I shopped last year. I'd love to hear performance numbers and impressions of the Triton.

I went with the 175 on my Xpress X19 and I'm happy with it. Motor size is personal preference but I can vouch for the X19 being a great option with either the 175 or 200. Every other mass produced boat in its class is maxed at 150hp. I haven't seen the Triton but I shopped all the other pad style aluminum boats and found that the Xpress best fit what I was looking for, plus the Xpress dealer is the closest dealer to me and sits right on Logan Martin.

There are some nice tin boats out there but it really came down to the X19 and the Vexus 1980. The compartments on the Vexus were nicer and it had the proverbial "fit and finish" advantage, but it wasn't a huge difference. The Vexus also has a well designed hull and runs great. They look great too.

However, there were a few things that led me to the Xpress. First, like I already mentioned, the Xpress dealer is close and has a good reputation. Don't discount the importance of the dealer experience during and after the sale. Also mentioned above is that the Xpress is rated for 50hp more than any of the other boats I looked at. I'm not a boat builder but it sure looks like the beefy transoms and well designed hulls of the others (especially the 8" longer Vexus) could handle a 175 or even a big block 200. Maybe it's the thicker gauge hull on the Xpress. I got the smaller outboard but it's still larger than any of the other comparable boats. The hull on the Xpress doesn't look like a sports car when compared to the Vexus but it's a screamer once you get it on the water. It's definitely a high performance boat on par with fiberglass imo. It's built solid. The Seadek and deck coating under it is very nice. I like it much better than carpet and that was also a determining factor. You have to do some work to get the compartments somewhat water tight. The standard aluminum trailer that comes with the Xpress is nice. I still think the Vexus is more "shapely" but the X19 is a sharp looking boat. Overall it runs and fishes great.

2. Member
    I just looked over a 2019 xpress x-19 and I was impressed! No doubt my next boat.

3. Member
    Xpress started the pad bottom aluminum boats, and have had great success.

4. Member
    Haven't seen it mentioned directly, but what sold me on the Xpress was the gauge aluminum used throughout the boat. Most others (Ranger, Vexus, Bass Tracker, etc) use 0.100" thick aluminum while Xpress opts for 0.125". To me, this was significant and likely the reason why Xpress boats can handle the additional Hp. Gives me a little more confidence when fishing in stump infested waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassaway View Post
    Haven't seen it mentioned directly, but what sold me on the Xpress was the gauge aluminum used throughout the boat. Most others (Ranger, Vexus, Bass Tracker, etc) use 0.100" thick aluminum while Xpress opts for 0.125". To me, this was significant and likely the reason why Xpress boats can handle the additional Hp. Gives me a little more confidence when fishing in stump infested waters.
    Being around the xpress factory all their lives and tons of them on the water locally ive seen them beat up so bad running rivers with jets that you cant even see ribs anymore with not a lot of broken welds. Seen a lot of rips from sharp rocks but rarely a broken weld. Those .100 boats will not make it in the rough stuff.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob4AU View Post
    I’m currently in my 4th Xpress and 2nd X19 and the X19 rod locker will hold rods well in excess of 8’. I carry four 8’ crankbait rods at all times and have zero issues. I do recommend rod socks but there is plenty of room for 8’ rods. I’ve never been in a Vexus or Ranger tin but if your used to the ride and performance of a glass boat as I am the X19 or X21 series Xpress will be a very close match.
    My dad has the X17, we can put +\- 20 rods (with rod socks), with 2 of those being 8’ cranking rods in the rod box...no problems at all with doing this...I would think it would be even easier in the X19.

Quote Originally Posted by T.H.R. View Post
    My dad has the X17, we can put +\- 20 rods (with rod socks), with 2 of those being 8’ cranking rods in the rod box...no problems at all with doing this...I would think it would be even easier in the X19.
    I took the front rod tubes out. They were only about a foot long and grabbed every guide on the way back out (very stupid design but looks good in the showroom). Now i can pile in as many 8’+ rods as you can fit in an area you can lay in- no issues

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

So I was in the market on a new Aluminum Boat. I had just sold my 2013 ZX200 Skeeter and wanted a boat that would be durable, functional, and max motor. I was torn between a Ranger RT188P and X18P. I have never been in either. I chose the X18 Pro because of three reasons 1. Proven Hull 2. Motor options (150 vs 115) 3. Heavier Gauge Aluminum. I do wish my boat had had some of the deck features and compartments like the Range but the functionally is still basically the same. I would recommend you truly decide what is important and let that dictate your decision. Is it the comfort features or performance or a combination of the two. I can not wait to get my boat on the water and Inam sure it will not be like my Skeeter but hoping it is very close. Good luck.

Too expensive for an aluminum boat. Same for Vexus. You want a 21' ft with a 250hp that you can beat the crap out of that actually has a front deck. Look at the Bass Cat BC 210 aluminum boat, err the Sea Ark Bc 210. If I was spending 60-70k on an aluminum, it would be that boat.

10. Member
    The new Avid boats have a 97" beam as well as curved gunnels, they also have a 21ft with a 250 (unlike vexus)

11. Member
    I recently had the chance to crawl around inside of an Avid 21 FS. I was very impressed. You can feel the quality in that boat.

12. Member
    I’m impressed with the Avid boats too. They seem to merge some of the better qualities of Xpress and Vexus.

Id like to see one. They may be a believable option since they think theyll hold a big enough motor

14. Member
    damn son you were driving it, if that was you. I used to have an H17 and would surprise a lot of other boats, not to mention scaring the hell out of some passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    This is why you go with an Xpress!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw18 View Post
    Yes
    I could not buy Vexus because the .100 hull . I would look at avid .I have a x19 been a great boat .

16. Member
    I looked at a couple of AVID 19XB’s today. Nice looking boats. They use .125 Aluminum and some of the compartments are huge. And some compartments were fiberglass, which is impressive..I’d be nice if they come with Seadek like Xpress instead of carpet. Max hp 150 on the 19XB.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    This is why you go with an Xpress!

T-Bob is the man! I never get tired of watching his videos.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Quote Originally Posted by St.Croix View Post
    I looked at a couple of AVID 19XB’s today. Nice looking boats. They use .125 Aluminum and some of the compartments are huge. And some compartments were fiberglass, which is impressive..I’d be nice if they come with Seadek like Xpress instead of carpet. Max hp 150 on the 19XB.
    The 19 XB uses .100 Aluminum. Only the 20 XB uses .125.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankwv View Post
    The 19 XB uses .100 Aluminum. Only the 20 XB uses .125.
    False!

20. Member
    From Avid's website:

19 XB | SPECIFICATIONS

Length

18' 7"

Beam
    97"

Transom Height
    20"

Max Horsepower
    150 HP