Z20 measurements

Can anyone with a Z20 & new V8 250 measure their storage length for me? I know they have measurements on the site but I want to know how accurate they are. The site is showing 23'8" and I have about 23'4" in my garage.

If you are able to measure for me, can you measure with the motor fully tucked one time and then fully tucked with motor fully turned to the side, as well. That would be extremely helpful for me.

Thanks a bunch.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

My boat/trailer measures 24'-2" storage length... 6" longer than spec'd for the 2019 Z20... This is with the tongue folded all the way back, the motor trimmed down, as well as the jackplate so my skeg is just above the floor.

Motor is not turned in either direction, I don't think I would gain much more than an inch or two doing that.
    Last edited by KCLOST; 02-05-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    My boat/trailer measures 24'-2" storage length... 6" longer than spec'd for the 2019 Z20... This is with the tongue folded all the way back, the motor trimmed down, as well as the jackplate so my skeg is just above the floor.

Motor is not turned in either direction, I don't think I would gain much more than an inch or two doing that.
    Thanks a bunch and that's a bummer. Is your winch eye tight against the roller? Wonder if the winch stand is maybe installed a few inches too far back?

Quote Originally Posted by potomacbassin View Post
    Thanks a bunch and that's a bummer. Is your winch eye tight against the roller? Wonder if the winch stand is maybe installed a few inches too far back?
    Yes the eye is against the roller....The winch stand can be moved forward, but then the winch itself will be forward of the trailer when the tongue is folded back.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Yes the eye is against the roller....The winch stand can be moved forward, but then the winch itself will be forward of the trailer when the tongue is folded back.
    Good point. Dang.

6. Member
    Just added 4 foot extension to the bay mine goes in order to fit a 20 in my garage. Just need all the stuff to come in and get it home from the dealer.
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

Here is a pic to show the position of the winch stand with my measurements...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

8. Member
    Thanks man. Makes total sense.

9. Member
    I have a 20 ft garage, but with the garage door closed it measures 20 ft 3. actually made up 3 more in.

10. Member
    23ft 10in engine straight manual jackplate

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by framer View Post
    23ft 10in engine straight manual jackplate
    Is this with motor tucked? When we built our house it was supposed to be a 24 foot garage. They came up a bit short.

12. Member
    tucked. about as short as she will go without turning the motor