Thread: Lacassine Pool

Lacassine Pool

Just got a boat I can fish the pool with this year, I'm use to fishing Toledo bend where my camp is at but with the kids in sports I want to fish the pool some, Can anyone give me pointers on what lures are the best and maybe some areas to try for Bass, I an to buy and stock up a supply to leave at my house so I dont have to take rods and reels and lures back and forth to the camp
    2020 Bass Cat Lynx DC Mercury 300. Dual Hummingbird Solix 12’s

2. Member
    Frogs, creature baits, weightless or (1/8 oz) senko/fluke, at times and certain spots spinner baits

Bring phone in case you get lost, you can GPS out hopefully. Plenty of decent fishing close to ramp though. Look for deeper areas. When you leave ramp, go right straight out through the trail. Decent pond at end of that short trail. Cut through that pond and head right and they’ll be another big pond with huge lily pads. That’s a also a good pond. Both close to ramp and good places to start. It can be life changing great and it can be swear I’ll never go back awful. I’ve been fishing out there for 35-40 years. Back then there was no launch. You’d run your boat down intracoastal or bayou and pull up to designated area on levee and they had rollers built to lift your boat out of water, pull/push and roll it o er the levee and go fish. It was completely impounded until late 90’s I think. I’ve heard of multiple DD’s and 40lb days in the spring. But it’s still betting odds of a fat 0.
    Last edited by barbarian; 02-17-2020 at 07:50 PM.