Thread: Lake Murray

Lake Murray

Wife and I are looking at places to retire to. One area that has our attention is around Ardmore, Ok. How is the bass fishing at Lake Murray State Park? Are there other lakes in the area? And are there any bass clubs or weekday jackpots around? Thanks.

SE Kansas grass grower (retired)

ROCK CHALK

2. Member
    I've not fished Murray for years, but when I did the fishing was good. Murray is a relatively small lake, so you might get tired of fishing just that lake after a few years. I fished there every weekend for a couple of years and then switched to Lake Texoma. Texoma is HUGE and has both good bass fishing and striper fishing. On Texoma, I will often fish for striper in the early morning and then switch to bass later. So, if you live in this area, you will have the option to fish both.

3. Member
    Lake Murray is small and during the summer has a lot of pleasure boats. Has some big fish, but it can be tough.

Arbuckle Lake and Texoma are not too far away and are better places to fish. Also, Ardmore has a couple of city lakes as well.
    Scott Smith
    Blanchard, OK
    2014 FX 20 Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    I love Lake Murray and would still be fishing it still if the distance were not so far. One thing about the lake is that many areas are rock bottom that are actually submerged cliffs. So you can go from 30' deep to 2-3' deep in a very short distance. So, you have to know the lake or go very slow the first few times out. Makes for great fishing. There is one area that has a "flat" that is all rock bottom.

5. Member
    They are really ruining the lake with the huge boats and more and more shore line taken for development. Way to small of a lake for 50' ships gonna get someone hurt one day.