Thread: not LM bass...

not LM bass...

but we are new to the plymouth area and would like to try and catch some stripers....I heard around the lower Roanoke? Any one provide any insight? I know nothing of this area?

2. Banned
    There is a season in the rivers for catching and keeping them. There are size/how many limits. Scooter Lilley is a highly recommended guide for anything down East.

3. Member
    I"m from the area.... I basically live on the Roanoke. If you want strippers this time of the year you need to put in at Jamesville and go left towards "Devils Gut". You can also put in at Plymouth and fish the mouth of the Roanoke River and Cashie River.

Check out the guys at http://fishibx.com/ - Mitchell Blake can put you on some fish.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

4. Member
    From what I hear from Scooter,the stripers are still in the sound. I fished lower Roanoke and the creeks last Saturday and Sunday, didn’t catch any stripers.

5. Banned
    Have not been yet but for many years they seem to start up the rivers there sometime in March or maybe April. Have caught them ganged up many, many times in the mouth of Warneck creek or in Cow creek. Found them one day under/around 45 bridge where the Cashie runs under it and the wife and i had to leave because we both were wore out. Hwy 17 bridge can be a awesome place also.