180HP Prop Size with Yamaha 115?

I have a buddy that has a 2005 180HP with a Yamaha 115 4 Stroke. It currently has a ss 19 pitch prop on it that seems too small to me. It has a good hole shot but turns way too many RPMs before even getting to max trim. What size prop would you recommend for best speed and performance? I am thinking maybe a 21.

Thanks.

2. Member
    TN Larry, Need some info, I'm going thru this right now trying to get a back-up prop. Here are the questions I've been getting asked; with the current set-up what is his top end speed? What is his normal top end RPM range? Is he running a three or a four blade prop right now? What model of prop is he running right now, factory or aftermarket? Does he spend his time down on the coast / inland waterways? Does he spend the majority of his time in skinny water?

These are all the questions I can remember right now, spent more than an hour on the phone with our local prop master. I know there are some professional guys on this Forum, there appears to be at least one guy that does a lot of work for other guys on here. Maybe you should take this to the Prop page, they talk about every make and model there.
    Stuck with a G3 Sportsman 1910 - Yamaha 150 - Helix 10 Mega Si - Helix 7 SI - Ultrex