Is this a good choice?

I have a 2018 189trx with a 150hp 2 stroke optimax spinning a 21 pitch tempest. I'm looking to put a manual jack plate on it and think I have decided to get a TH marine CMC jack plate. It offers 5 1/2 inches of setback and is rated for up to 300hp engines.

I just would like to know a few things before I pull the trigger on ordering one.

1) Triton recommends a maximum of 6 inches of setback, so I'm assuming 5 1/2 inches will be fine for my setup?

2) I hear the TH marine name a lot, is this a good dependable jack plate?

3) If I get in a pinch am I going to be able to adjust this on the water? Think rare and extreme circumstances.

4) My current setup has a lot of slip and very little control on pad. 52 MPH (GPS confirmed) @ 6200 RPMs (analog tach, assuming it's way off) How much will this JP help with this?

they are good butt I use slidemaster, easy to do on the water, just be careful not to drop wrench, consider attaching a lanyard to it
    For what it is worth to you, I prefer a Manuel plate, less to go wrong and reduced weight, no speed advantage at all with hyd plate and I can put my boat on the pad as shallow of water as anyone can with a hyd plate. A Manuel plate is also much safer for 98 % of the operators
    I think the CMC to adjust it will have to be on the trailer
    Last edited by lpugh; 02-03-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Pat Goff
    NOTHING is equal to the rapid jack for manual plates.
    If you're discussing a hydraulic, Bob's is the best choice.

This is from rigging hundreds of all brands, those two have proven themselves.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>