Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What fuel line is this

2000 225 ProMax
    Serial Number 0G981368

I took a swing and ordered fuel lines for my 225 ProMax that is admittedly a bit of a Frankenstein motor. The oil injection has been deleted and there is a large fuel hose that goes from the fuel pulse pump to the VST. I know that 32-9912878 is not the correct line as it is much smaller. Judging from the parts manual I think it might be 1350385. If anyone could give a guess before I make another incorrect order I would appreciate it.

http://
    Last edited by eh2000; 02-03-2020 at 10:04 PM.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

2. Member
    Just take the old down to the parts store to match up and buy some quality fuel line. I run the good fuel injection line on mine all through from tank to motor and on the motor and don’t have any issues like some you buy. Should be 5/16 if I remember right but it’s been a while.

Get rid of the extremly overtightned worm gear clamps while your at it
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    revlimiter, thank you for the recommendation. I'm trying to avoid doing exactly that as I do not have confidence that the part currently installed is correct. As lpugh noted below it doesn't even have the right clamp on it. Not much of what the PO did is passing the sniff test and I am trying to get back to some sense of what right looks like.
    However, I did just buy some 5/16" hose, but it is the grey kind with A1-15 written on it. I also bought some 3/8" fuel line to go from my tank to the primer bulb and I suppose I could cut some off if I don't find the exact answer. I think what I bought is B1-15 EPA fuel line.

lpugh, thanks for the recommendation on the clamps. I saw those and the damage they did and promptly ordered a single ear step clamp kit from Amazon. Going to try it out with this repair as well as on the rest of the fuel system. I bought some radius head tie wraps as well just in case the clamps don't work out in every situation.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

5. Member
    +1 on what revlimiter said, I took all of mine off, when to NAPA and they were a great help.

If you use the gray EPA aproved line with the inner liner be sure to put into very hot water first as this will make it much easier to slide on without damageing the liner, almost doesnt need clamp then as it fits very snug, two radius ties in apposing directions will keep it there. I stress almost as for safety reasons requires a little insurance
    Thank You Leon Pugh

7. Member
    wheres filter between pump and vst , evr seen what happens when a piece of degraded diaphragm or gasket gets in inlet valve , needs one
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

8. Member
    lpugh, thanks for that tip. As I was looking at this fuel line I was wondering how beat to install it. I’ll give the hot water a try.

JOE54, not sure on the filter. The only one on the boat now is a fuel/water separator right after the tank. I guess another issue to solve.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

9. Member
    yup,if anything happens after that filter big trouble, and I would not run a water filter on that mtr before the pulse pump=restrictive
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

10. Member
    From pursuing the European Marine parts website it looks like I'm gonna spend about 300 bucks putting the OE filter on my engine. I'm gonna have to contemplate this situation as I've also read about deleting the VST and putting an electric fuel pump in the boat with a regulator on the engine and a return line to the water separating filter. I'll have to do the math. Thanks for the help y'all.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

11. Member
    Do some searching, lots of blown up and parts motors out there, I’m sure there are plenty of fuel filter housings just sitting around, no different on this motor than any other laser motor. Bet you can get one for next to nothing. Put a post up on the boards in the parts wanted section. Check your local Craigslist and even the popular online bidding site.

12. Member
    revlimiter, solid advice! I looked on Ebay and found the same part number for about 50 bucks which makes this a much easier decision. Thanks. Do the factory fuel filters also separate water?

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

13. Member
    yes sir they do,originaly that mtr had a warning system for water in fuel also

I may have one of those housings laying around, I’ll do some looking tonight thru my parts bins.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

15. Member
    JOE54, thanks. It would be great to put the factory filter back on and get this engine closer to right.

silverbullet02, that would be great if you found one. Let me know.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

16. Member
    does that mtr still have flywheel cover (the right one for the flywheel still on it ) id like to know what the idle timming is bet its way fast by the looks of your spark arm,rich rich rich smokey low speed

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Where is your Water Separating FUEL FILTER?

As designed, that line came up and crossed the top of the block to a Water Separating Filter (mounted on the STB side), and then a line from that filter crossed back to the VST fuel inlet!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

18. Member
    JOE54, this motor does have a flywheel cover installed. No clue if it is the right one. I also have no clue how to check the idle timing, but you are very correct that is smokes a ton! Once my service manual shows up I'll read up on how to check it.

EuropeanAM, there is a filter inside the boat. I have no idea where the one on the starboard side of the motor has gone, when I bought it last October it was not installed.

1993 Bullet 20XD
    2000 Mercury ProMax 225

19. Member
    is that not a filter laying between mtr and cowl inline on fuel also

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I probably have one of those filter brackets in my "spare parts" stash upstairs. Drop me an email and I'll be glad to check for you.

Should look (roughly) like this:

Attached Images Attached Images

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast