Steez AGS for drop shot

I have seen many praise the 7 6 but I just don't like fishing rods that long. For all around drop shotting, would the medium finesse or medium light be best? The stats are not that different so looking for some hands on perspectives on the difference between these two.

2. Banned
    Definitely the medium light!! Amazing

3. Member
    https://tackletrap.com/index.php?mai...ducts_id=14196 7'1 ml fast would be my Steez drop shot choice. My friend just got one and it's amazing in hand.

I agree, you definitely want the ML. There are two ML models however, one is "extra fast" and one is "fast" action. The XF has an incredibly fast tip, ultra extra fast, which is great for vertical drop shot fishing. If you cast and drag more often, or just want a more versatile DS rod, I recommend the fast. It is incredibly light, sensitive, versatile, and a great all around finesse rod.

Steez AGS Spinning rods

5. Member
    Gary, can you please speak to if the AGS 7MLFS worth the extra money compared to Addermine? and also how much better the 7'6MML than 7MLF? I have my eyes on Steez AGS but 76 a little trouble to carry around otherwise would be my #1 choice.

thanks,

6. Banned
    Gary will talk but absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by StymoDe View Post
    Gary, can you please speak to if the AGS 7MLFS worth the extra money compared to Addermine? and also how much better the 7'6MML than 7MLF? I have my eyes on Steez AGS but 76 a little trouble to carry around otherwise would be my #1 choice.

thanks,
    I would personally take the Steez AGS over the Addermine, but the Addermine is a really nice rod too. If the 7'6" length on the MML is too cumbersome, the 7'ML should work out fine. Keep in mind that the ML has less backbone than the 76MML which is closer in backbone to the M...

8. Member
    I’ve had the Addermine and have the 76MML (for reference I’ve also had the NRX 852s) and yes the Addermine is a good rod and I enjoyed my time with it but the Steez is just crazy awesome. The length does take a little getting used to but IMHO it’s worth the trade off.